A new Destiny 2 update is now available, bringing long-awaited fixes to issues players encounter frequently.
The latest hotfix, hotfix 126.96.36.199 adds up to the October update for Destiny 2, without new content additions. However, you’ll find fixes to Nightmare hunts, Nightfall and more.
Here’s the complete Destiny 2 Update 1.42 patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where certain characters in player names and clan fields could cause Squirrel and Weasel errors
- Clan names should no longer be truncated
- Fixed an issue where Nightmare hunts Time Trial Master triumph would not progress correctly
- Fixed an issue where Nightfall: The Ordeal would not drop a powerful reward for players who had already completed the Vanguard Strikes Challenge
- Fixed an issue that provoked the temporary deactivation of rally banners and the “Tire Game” in the Sanctuary vendor space on the Moon
- Fixed an issue where the Servitor spawning in the Gofannon forge could crash the game
- Fixed an issue where running the game as an admin could create a “steam_appid.txt” file that would cause a crash
- Tuned matchmaking in patrol destinations to increase player population
As you can see, there’s not much to be said about the latest update. All fixes will make gameplay less buggy for players. Now that Destiny 2: Shadowkeep is out, players are swarming the game again on all platforms. Bungie is now free to express their work on their “child” without the pressure of a publisher, taking Destiny 2 to a new era.
Note that Destiny 2 will release on Google Stadia when the cloud platform finally releases. If and when the “console” gets enough attention, the player base will rise even more, since Bungie’s title is a launch title with the perks of being a free-to-play game with all expansions included.