NBA 2K20 was the best-selling video game of last week ending on September 6 in the United Kingdom. However, the new installment of the American basketball franchise of 2K Games has seen something unusual.
The sales of NBA 2K20 may look good, but according to Games Industry, this year’s sales in physical format have fallen significantly compared to last year. This did not happen to everyone, but in the case of the NBA saga it has not been an exception. In fact, other games who debuted have also experienced a generalized decline.
There were hard falls also for Astral Chain (-73%), Wreckfest (-70%) and Control (-76%). The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan closes the podium this week, although it also falls 53% compared to last week.
Below you can see the top 10 performers:
- NBA 2K20 – This sequel features better graphics, more realistic mechanics, innovative game modes, and revised player control and customization for the occasion. In addition, the return of the open world mode that unifies basketball, challenges and the culture that surrounds it was confirmed. This year, Anthony Davis and Dwayne Wade are the main faces.
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy – This is the new game remastered and remade from scratch of the classic three-dimensional platform video game trilogy of Spyro originally released for the first PlayStation console. Thanks to Activision and Toys for Bob, this new title will introduce you the first three games of the purple dragon in High Definition graphics.
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan – This is the first chapter of an ambitious saga and anthology of terror developed by Supermassive and Bandai Namco, entitled The Dark Pictures Anthology. In this way, the creators of Until Dawn continue to offer you adventures through interactive storytelling and the third-party horror adventure, telling you many stories framed in the most varied genres of horror, suspense and thriller.
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe – This is a remastering for Nintendo Switch and offers better graphics. It also features new characters, playable settings, and a renewed battle mode. In this way, Mario Kart 8 Delux has 48 circuits (32 of the original plus 16 of the DLC) and 40 characters.
- Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled – This is the return of the famous kart racing video game. The new remake has the game modes, characters, circuits, power-ups and usual weapons, adapting its controls and other ingredients to the new times. The update of the legendary Crash Team Racing also features an online mode.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man – This is an action and adventure video game with an open-world playable style, which allows you to move from one place to another with total freedom of movement. The game was developed by Insomniac Games, creators of games such as Spyro, Ratchet & Clank or Sunset Overdrive, among others and is also published by Sony as an exclusive PlayStation 4 video game.
- Super Mario Maker 2 – This is the sequel to hit Wii U video game where you could create our own levels of Mario and share over the Internet. This second part includes new tools, objects, functions and classic atmospheres of the Nintendo saga.
- FIFA 19 – The latest installment of the FIFA series presents novelties at playable levels in tactical and control, more realistic graphics and the entry of the expected UEFA Champions League license.
- Catherine: Full Body – This is one of the most original games of recent times, which combines adventure with puzzles. You combine Vincent’s troubled sentimental life in the real world with the stages of platforms and puzzles in his nightmares.
- Wreckfest – This is an arcade and wild driving game developed by Bugbear. They mixed traditional racing with a casual touch of destruction events and is even considered as the spiritual heir of Destruction Derby thanks to its system of damage.