For the longest time, we heard about Overwatch Switch leaks and rumors. But this time, it seems it finally happening. Kotaku confirmed from a couple of its sources that Overwatch is coming to the Nintendo Switch on October 18.
Blizzard Entertainment’s multiplayer hero shooter is coming to Nintendo Switch and the announcement will be made later today. Nintendo announced a Nintendo Direct where it will share the news alongside new gameplay trailers for other games.
More details about the upcoming title will be shared at the event. However, there are a couple of questions that pop in our head.
How Will Voice Chat Work?
Voice chat is a crucial part of Overwatch; your team must communicate especially when playing Ranked Mode. However, this basic feature is easily accessible on all platforms except Nintendo Switch. You need an app your phone to use voice chat with Nintendo Switch. Will things be different on Overwatch? In-game voice chat is a must for a competitive game like Overwatch. Here’s how voice chat works in Overwatch:
- From your smart device, download and install the Nintendo Switch Online app.
- Start the Nintendo Switch Online app and sign in with your Nintendo Account.
- From your Nintendo Switch console, start the compatible software using the same Nintendo Account as used on the Nintendo Switch Online app.
- Enter the mode that supports voice chat over the Nintendo Switch Online app.
- On the smart device, select Start after receiving the prompt asking, Start voice chat?
- As you play online, other players using the Nintendo Switch Online app will join the voice chat lobby as they join your online game.
Can Switch Handle Overwatch?
If there is one AAA game Switch can easily handle without a major downgrade, it is Overwatch. Despite the cool looking and demanding Ultimate Ability effects generated on screen, Switch’s TEGRA chip should be able to handle whatever OW throws at it.