The adventures of strong narratives and cyberpunk atmosphere are going through some years of great inspiration and important references both in the film industry and in the television series.
This is something that little by little (although it has always been present) is becoming much a much bigger topic in video games thanks unquestionably to the powerful Cyberpunk 2077 that we can enjoy in a few months.
The appeal of this type of proposals, which present us with a dystopian future but with conflicts that are present in any historical era, gives a lot of play when creating adventures such as the one that concerns us today, which is nothing less than the late sequel of a work released on PC back in 1994. We are talking about Beyond a Steel Sky.
Revolution Software developed this sequel from Beneath A Steel Sky and presents an exciting story of loyalty and redemption set in a mysterious and frightening world of social controls driven by AI. The story is woven with the humor of the Revolution Software studio, backed by the acclaimed artistic style of legendary comic artist Dave Gibbons. Thanks to IGN we have the first trailer that you can see below.
- A unique, rich game experience in a bounded sandbox world, interwoven with a deep narrative.
- A story that enables players to profoundly affect and subvert the game world and its characters.
- Elegantly simple, intuitive controls that allow complex situations to emerge, offering a gameplay experience that will appeal to the novice as well as the experienced gamer.
- Custom-written cutting-edge graphics technology delivers a beautiful, real-time, comic-book-styled world in HDR, and 4K to complement the artwork of Dave Gibbons.
- Original comic book vignette to be created by Dave Gibbons.
The work, which will be framed within the narrative adventure genre with elements of the traditional graphic adventure, has not yet confirmed its launching platforms, but it is expected to reach both PCs and consoles, and also add mobile devices with iOS.
For now, it has been dropped that it will arrive this year, so we should have new info soon.