We arrived at the end of Season 9 and the start of the much anticipated Fortnite Season X. Fortnite Season 10 has officially kicked off today (Thursday, August 1) with the Fortnite 10.0 update. The innovations introduced are many, as well as the resolution of several bugs. But now let’s see all the innovations introduced for Fortnite Battle Royale, Creative Mode and Save the World.
- B.R.U.T.E: A new vehicle for two people where a player can control the movement while his partner controls the fire. Those who feel particularly adventurous can try to get by on their own, alternating between piloting and artillery.
- Rift zones: Lost places have begun to reappear, even though they are no longer the same. Jump into the action and find out what mysterious game changes they have in store.
Fortnite Save the World
- Hit the Road: Get ready for an all-out journey as you help Quinn and his companions broadcast his Summer Song in Fortnite 10.0. You never know what challenges and obstacles you might encounter along the way, and only the journey is half the adventure. Load the van and gather the group, it’s time to get going!
- Introducing the Locker!: The emotes, music packages and loading screens you prefer are now available in Save the world. Find them on the Locker tab.
- Advanced Storm Remote Control: You can replicate the Battle Royale 10 wave storm, or you can create your own multi-phase storm.
- Advanced Storm Beacon: Allows you to customize specific phases or set the number of Advanced Storms Remote Control phases.
- Weapon-free Zone: While in a Weapon-free Zone, a player cannot shoot with a weapon, wield a pickaxe, throw a grenade or use objects.
- Junkyard Juke LTM: Take the scrap to the incinerator to receive points for your team. The larger the scrap, the greater the points.
- Sky Station Showdown LTM: Fight against other teams to get the most points from the capture zones. Climb to the top of the Fast Food towers protecting the VIP. Use impulse grenades and other power-ups to blow up other teams outside the capture zones.
Further corrections and additions
Fortnite 10.0 also introduced missions, in addition to the usual weekly challenges. The Season X Battle Pass is now also available with rewards, including the exclusive X-Lord skin, accessible only by purchasing the Battle Pass for 950 V-Bucks.
In addition to new content, Fortnite 10.0 has also brought bug fixes and performance improvements, particularly for the Battle Royale mode, the most popular among players. Since the announcement, Epic has worked to fix bugs related to the technical sector, improve performance on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, replays and correct graphics, animation and sound industry problems.
For example, a problem was solved where players were stuck under a ramp while being positioned. In addition to having improved the level streaming performance for all platforms, optimizing the pre-loading of resources. This reduces the cases in which players land on low-level buildings, particularly on Switch and Xbox One.
It has been introduced, a new camera mode called the Battle Map. This mode of the camera shows the path of the player followed during the game and the positions of the eliminations made.
Going more specifically on the corrections concerning the graphics, the audio, the animations and the interface we find:
- The Ride the Pony Emote is now a traversal Emote.
- Players who earned the Ride the Pony Emote from the Season 2 Battle Pass have been given a new, additional traversal Emote: Pony Up!
- Added new bullet impact sounds.
- Increased the sound volume of gliders and distant shots.
- Volume and audio range of the chest increased by 10%.
- Bug fixes
- The environmental sound is no longer interrupted when players walk between one biome and another.
- Pressing the main menu command on the controllers now activates the main menu by default (right side of the screen).
- The content upload message will no longer be locked at 0% when players are engaged in matchmaking.
- Fixed a problem with the lobby camera when returning from a replay.
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from selecting different players in the lobby after switching from a different game mode.
- Selecting Leave the game no longer prevents a player in your group in the lobby from participating in matchmaking.
What do you think of the new features of the Fortnite 10.0 update? Did Epic Games meet your expectations, or did you want something different?