The Unofficial Patch Project Team has now released Fallout 4 Patch 2.0.8 for PC users. This new Fallout 4 mod aims to fix common issues of the game, bugs, quests, audio, and other issues which are still present in the game and were never fixed by Bethesda Softworks.
Tons of fixes are included in single UFO4P update. Do note that in order to install this new Fallout 4 patch or mod, players are required to have Fallout 4 version 1.10.138 or higher installed along with all of the game expansions.
Here are the features of this new update, according to the modder.
- Hundreds of gameplay, quest, NPC, object, item, text and placement bugs fixed.
- Created by the authors of the Unofficial Oblivion and Skyrim Patch series.
- No unsafe changes (such as deletions of stock objects).
- Designed to be compatible with as many other mods as possible.
UFO4P update can be downloaded from Nexus Mods. According to Fallout 4 patch notes, Landscape collision issue present at Hopesmarch Pentecostal Church is now fixed.
In addition to this, unofficial Fallout 4 patch 2.0.8 also fixes various audio issues of the game. For example, it fixes the scenarios during which dialogue topics don’t match with characters. This new update also fixes two combat music tracks “which did not conclude with the proper finale versions when the fights ended.”
Patch notes for unofficial Fallout 4 update version 2.0.8 are now available. You can check out some of the patch notes below.
Fallout 4 update 2.0.8 patch notes
- Landscape collision was unexpectedly restored at Hopesmarch Pentecostal Church due to a bug in xEdit when it copied the CELL record during routine merging prior to the 2.0.7 release. This has now been corrected. (Bug #26603)
- The corpses at Kingsport Lighthouse had been flagged for cleanup by one of our scripts but already had a cleanup tag of their own that was controlling things. (Bug #26292, Bug #25992)
- Swan’s corpse should now clear up on its own instead of lingering forever. (Bug #26641) [NR]
- Rust Devils and Brotherhood of Steel were not set as enemies and thus would never attack each other when they appeared together. (Bug #21539)
- One of the Minutemen Radio audio lines during the quest “Taking Independence” is grammatically unsound. The recording is using the word “holed,” but it should be “hole” instead. (Sound\Voice\Fallout4.esm\NPCMMinuteMenRadioVoice\0012A210_1.fuz) (Bug #26217)
- A shared Diamond City security guard hello topic has been spliced because the two recordings didn’t quite match. (Sound\Voice\Fallout4.esm\GuardMaleDiamondCity02\0017180E_1.fuz) (Bug #26583)
- DLC03_ll_Caltrop75 incorrectly had the construction formula for Caltrop Grenades assigned when it should have been the weapon version. This caused the 2 vendors who should offer this item to have none available. (Bug #26828)
- Several NPC corpses lingered at the Fort Hagen Satellite Array after the completion of Headhunting (DLC01MQ04) because the underlying control quest (DLC01FortHagenSatelliteArrayQuest) was not also stopped at the end stage. (Bug #26693)
Please note that Fallout 4 patch notes are very lengthy, which is why we advise everyone to read them over at Nexus Mods.
The modding community continues to surprise us with new Fallout 4 mods years after the game’s release. There’s another mod now available which will allow you to call orbital strikes in order to cause havoc in Fallout 4. You can read more about Archimedes-II mod from our detailed article.
Fallout 4 developed by Bethesda Game Studios is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Sony Playstation Now subscribers will be able to try out Fallout 4 for free next month on PS4.