A new GTA 6 leak has surfaced online revealing a batch of new rumors about the upcoming game by Rockstar Games. The leak was dumped by a user on Reddit who claims that the information was given to him by “two friends who are very reliable and have worked for places such as Kotaku and PC Gamer.” He also says that one of his friends working at Rockstar has neither confirmed nor denied the leaked information.
Interestingly, the rumor claims that GTA 6 is a next-gen only game, meaning Grand Theft Auto 6 will release exclusively for Sony’s PlayStation 5 and Microsoft’s Xbox Scarlett. Now that does make sense since Microsoft has already confirmed that Xbox Scarlett will release in 2020.
As for PlayStation 5, it’s also rumored to release in 2020. Keeping that in mind, it’s safe to assume that Rockstar is aiming to release the game on next-generation of consoles in order to take full advantage of upgraded hardware.
Apart from that, the rumor/leak says that the game has been in development since 2012 but the proper production didn’t start until 2015. According to the leak, the upcoming GTA 6 is in development under the code name of “Project Americas”.
The leak claims that GTA 6 will follow a story of a male protagonist and its story will be heavily inspired” by the famous Netflix series Narcos.
Players will get to play as a drug lord-wannabe named Ricardo leading on his way to have connections with big drug lords. Moreover, the story will be laid out in chapters which will be different from the previous games in Grand Theft Auto series.
Furthermore, the story is set in 1970s-1980s. As for other characters, a character named Kacey will play an important part of the story along with a young version of Grand Theft Auto 5’s Martin Madrazo.
Here are some other things mentioned in GTA 6 leak on Reddit.
- GTA 6 is in development by Rockstar Worldwide Production
- Codename is PROJECT AMERICAS
- Set in Vice City and a fictional location based on Rio de Janeiro, with some taking place in Liberty City (not open world)
- The game will balance between realism, arcade and will not be realistic as RDR2
- Weather is a heavy focus. Hurricanes, floods, etc
- Buildings change over the eras, vehicles too. This causes headaches apparently but they managed to nail a pipeline and get it working. So older, rare classic cars get more expensive as time progresses etc. Full economy. Next level.
- 70s/80s soundtracks
- Drug empire building is a mechanic similar to Vice City Stories but 10 times bigger than GTA Online
- You can only have weapons on your person in GTA 6. No backpack will show and all of your equipment will be shown in the trunk of your personal vehicle.
- Characters will speak their native language thus there will be tons of subtitles to read
- Topics such as HIV and immigration will be touched in the game
- A fictional version of Fidel Castro will appear in the game
- Grand Theft Auto 6 is current;y the primary focus of Rockstar Games alongside Bully 2
- The game is currently in pre-alpha
We advise everyone to take all of the above information with a grain of salt since there’s no credibility of the source.
The leaker didn’t mention any Grand Theft Auto 6 release date. However, we can expect Grand Theft Auto 6 to release sometime in 2021 or 2022 after the launch of next-generation consoles like Xbox Scarlett and PlayStation 5. Interested folks can read more about GTA 6 leak over Reddit.