New Days Gone update version 1.21 is now available for download on PlayStation 4 system. The latest update is huge in terms of size. Days Gone 1.21 weighs 18.5GB in size. That’s because the update is filled with new content.
The latest free Days Gone update 1.21 adds a standalone Challenge Mode to the game. Players can now take part in the game’s first challenge called “Surrounded”. The first challenge will put players against endless Horde of Freakers. To survive, players will have to use weapons, traps, and the environment. Taking down Freakers will increase your timer. Those players who do well in this new challenge will be rewarded with new characters, accents, and rings. New trophies have been also added.
Apart from that, Days Gone version 1.21 also fixes some of the common bugs that players keep pointing out. For example, picking up weapons off the ground is now possible with the triangle button.
Interested folks can check out the full Days Gone 1.21 patch notes below as provided by Sony Bend Studio.
Days Gone Patch 1.21
Weekly DLC Challenges
- “Surrounded” is the first DLC challenge drop! It’s you VS. an endless Horde of Freakers! Survive the Horde as long as possible by utilizing your weapons, traps, and the environment. Increase the time on the timer by taking down Freakers and maximizing your score!
- Each week on Friday, we will unlock a new challenge for you to master! (Will confirm day/time)
- Earn a Bronze, Silver, or Gold rank to earn credits to buy new characters, custom accents, and rings
- Once you complete a challenge, you will earn that challenge’s Patch which will be permanently shown on Deacon’s jacket in both challenge and story mode!
- Free new custom accent has been added to our story mode, “Farewell Mongrels” (Due to an issue that popped up in this latest patch, the “Farewell Mongrels” custom accent has been delayed to our next patch. We apologize for the inconvenience.)
- New trophies have been added exclusive to the new weekly challenges
- Lisa will not get stuck on the house terrain during the mission ”Lots Of Sick People”
- After finishing the objective in “You Don’t Want to Know”, you should be able to properly loot your bounty
- Picking up and swapping weapons on the ground has been changed to the “Triangle” button
- A fix has added to fade away the Stat Upgrade and Trust Level banner from the player’s UI
- Swarmers and the Horde should now vault through windows properly
- The Breaker’s AI should function correctly when traps are utilized
- Leaving flashback missions should now retain your melee weapon and proper ammo count
- Rendering issue has been resolved with a certain set of NPCs
- Localization fixes
- Various bug fixes and miscellaneous crash fixes
For those who don’t know, Days Gone has been doing very well in terms of sales despite being one of the games with the mediocre reviews. It was the best selling game for the month of April and May.