The OP rocket launcher, Truth, from the original Destiny finally makes its way back to Destiny 2 with a new Exotic Quest to accompany it. Here is how you complete the quest and get your hands on Truth in the new Season of Opulence in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 Truth Exotic Quest
Truth, the rocket launcher as some fans would recount, is a unique weapon that sends homing rockets that will turn corners and follow the target until they make contact.
This is particularly useful in PvP where real players are smart enough to dodge bullets and take cover.
To start your hunt of obtaining the weapon, you will first need to head to Menagerie on Calus’ Leviathan and defeat Arunak boss there. This will grant you the Awoken Script that can be deciphered by Petra Venj in the Dreaming City.
Make your way there to start the week’s Ascendant Challenge at the Bay of Drowned Wishes Lost Sector in Diluvian Mists.
Using Tincture of Queensfoil and some Exotic Armor, you will need to perform several long jumps, avoiding the huge drop, to get to the Ascendant Chest. Open it to collect a map that has to be decoded before you can use it to locate the Truth weapon.
Thanks to a bug in the quest, you can collect all the four pieces that are required to decode the map from Petra. However, this will be fixed soon so we will detail the correct way below.
Each of the four pieces of the map is to be found first and then their corresponding challenges are to be completed. The locations for the four pieces are listed below.
Make sure you are using Tincture of Queensfoil to reveal the Ascendant platforms so you can climb them.
- On the shore of Vex Milk Lake in Cistern.
- Next to the entrance of Blind Well in Dreaming City.
- As loot drop from the Ogre on the Hive Ship on Tangled Shore.
- Play and completely any Nightfall strike to collect the final piece of map.
Listed below are all the objectives or requirements needed to be met for each of the above map pieces. The order of the list is respective to the list of the four map pieces above.
- Eliminate 100 Hive on the Tangled Shore.
- Consume the Tincture of Queensfoil and eliminate 50 foes on Nessus with any rocket launcher.
- Complete Nightfall strike under a handicapped power level of 100. Kill 60 enemies in this mode with any rocket launcher.
- Collect Corsair Down badge from one of the Scorn enemies at the Dreaming City to start the Corsair Down bounty. Defeat the mini-boss and collect the item off Corsair’s corpse.
After collecting all these four pieces and deciphering them, complete the standard Warden of Nothing strike up to the boss’ room by doing two things to make the Ascendant platforms and chest appear.
Consume Tincture of Queensfoil as usual, and this time, also look for and interact with four bright relics.
Kill the Warden Servitor boss and hop onto the newly emerged Ascendant platforms on your way to reach the chest. Open it to collect your well-earned reward of the classic rocket launcher, Truth.