PlayStation has updated the avatars set in God of War’s Platinum Trophy, here’s how you can get it.
Sony initially introduced PlayStation trophies back in 2008 during the days of PlayStation 3. Since then, it has made many gamers complete as many achievements in the game in order to get that satisfying “ding” that comes up after an objective is completed. Of course, acquiring trophies has evolved with the passage of time, gradually transitioning to the PlayStation 4. One of the recent PlayStation 4 games that have had players grinding in order to get that Platinum Trophy is God of War.
PlayStation recently made some updates to God of War’s Platinum Trophy Avatar Set. As reported by Aestivalis in a ResetEra thread, PlayStation has also added Makoto Niijima from Persona 5 within God of War’s Platinum Trophy Avatar Set.
Right off the bat, it seems like a massive improvement from the previous avatar which was…this:
Since the game is loved by so many, the amount of players seeking Platinum Trophies in God of War is also large. But as reported by many God of War players, not all of them are getting their PlayStation Platinum Trophies.
If you have completed all the objectives necessary in order to qualify for God of War’s Platinum Trophies and you still haven’t gotten yours, you may need to check a couple of things first. Because there are certain terms and conditions that need to be fulfilled before you can attain your Platinum Trophy.
According to PlayStation’s website,
[Platinum Trophy] Reward is available to legal U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) residents with a PlayStation Network Account registered in their country of residency and have earned a Platinum Trophy in the games listed in ‘Current Offerings’.
Here are the games that are listed in the Current Offerings according to PlayStation’s website:
- Bloodborne Platinum Trophy Theme
- Call of Duty: WWII Platinum Trophy Theme
- Horizon Zero Dawn Platinum Trophy Theme and Avatar
- The Last Guardian Platinum Trophy Theme
- PaRappa The Rapper Platinum Trophy Theme
- God of War Platinum Trophy Character Avatar Set
- Spider-Man Platinum Trophy Avatar
- Days Gone End of Game Trophy Avatar
- Days Gone Platinum Trophy Theme
Furthermore, PlayStation also tells customers that they must be “opted-in to PlayStation marketing communications”, this will allow PlayStation to send you promotional emails from time to time, some of which may be spam, but it is necessary. This is important because “rewards will be delivered via voucher code to the email address associated with the Account.”
PlayStation users must also have a “valid email address associated with their PlayStation Network Account at the time they earn the Platinum Trophy. Rewards are available while supplies last.”
How to Enable and Sign-Up for PlayStation Marketing Communications emails:
- Log into your account at:
- Go to [Account] -> [Notification Preferences] -> Ensure the top box is checked -> Save by hitting “Update Settings”
- Now if you have completed all the necessary objectives, you should get an email from PlayStation along with a redeemable voucher code. You can use the code in order to attain God of War’s Platinum Trophy. Here’s how you do it:
- From the PS4™ Menu, go to the PlayStation Store.
- Select Redeem Codes on the left-hand side menu.
- Enter the code and select Continue.
- The content will be automatically applied to your account, available for immediate download, or available in your PS4™ Library > Purchased section.
If you have done all of these steps and completed the objectives, you should get an email along with the redeemable code for your God of War Platinum Trophy.