According to a job listing, Bethesda Softworks is about to start working on Starfield voice acting. This information comes from a new job ad posted on the official website of ZeniMax, which is the parent company of Bethesda. All of the provided information is a speculation.
The job listing makes it clear that the developer is looking for a voice designer for their current and next-generation AAA games.
Apparently, Bethesda is hiring someone to work on next-generation games like The Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield, the latter is most likely because that will be releasing first. It’s also possible that the person being hired would work on both aforementioned next-gen games. That’s because Bethesda hasn’t announced any other titles yet. Further, the job listing also suggests that the development on next-gen games is going well.
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented Voice Designer to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles. In this role, the Voice Designer will coordinate, design and implement outstanding dialogue for our games for current and next generation AAA games
According to the job listing, responsibilities for the voice designer are as follows.
- Work closely with the audio and design teams to create original voice audio content from original scripts through localized languages
- Respond efficiently to demands of multiple game teams for voice audio assets
- Produce studio-ready voiceover scripts from proprietary tools
- Edit, process and implement final delivered voiceovers
- Design audio post-processing effects for voiceovers
- Work with external voiceover casting/directing/recording studios to plan and coordinate recording sessions
- Work with external voiceover localization services;
- Debug, maintain and ensure the final product quality
- Playtest and debug game audio systems
- Work with programming team to provide input on future direction of audio tools
- Maintain voice documentation such as scripts, casting sides, and post-processing details
- Attend voiceover sessions and motion capture shoots where required.
Given that Starfield has been in development for a long time, it’s possible that the game’s voice work is about to start soon.
The Sci-fi RPG by was showcased by Bethesda last year at E3 with a teaser trailer. Further, Todd Howard confirmed that the game is in a playable state.
Unfortunately, we will not hear about Starfield at E3 2019 as confirmed by the developer.
We can expect to know more about the game next year at E3 before the launch of next-generation consoles like Sony’s PlayStation 5 and Microsoft’s Xbox Scarlett, which are rumored to arrive in the fall of 2020. This way, we can expect Starfield release date to be sometime at the end of 2020 or early 2021.