After the success of Far Cry 5, Ubisoft has two new Far Cry games in development, according to a rumor. This leak comes from an anonymous user on 4chan. The leaker claims to know about Ubisoft’s Studios and the games they are working on, including Far Cry 6.
According to the leak, Far Cry 6 is in development by Ubisoft Toronto. In addition to this, the game’s development is being supported by Ubisoft Reflections, which is also working on upcoming Ubisoft games like Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Skull and Bones. The game’s creative director is mentioned to be Clint Hocking, who directed Far Cry 2 and returned to the studio in 2015.
Meanwhile, the other Far Cry game called Far Cry 5.5 is suggested to be an online multiplayer spinoff and is in development by Ubisoft Berlin.
For those who are interested, below is a list of Ubisoft Studios along with their upcoming projects according to the Far Cry 6 leaker:
- Ivory Tower: The Crew 2
- Massive Entertainment: The Division 2
- Ubisoft Annecy: The Division 2
- Ubisoft Barcelona: VR Projects
- Ubisoft Belgrade: Ghost Recon Breakpoint DLC, Ghost Recon Wildlands DLC, The Crew 2 DLC
- Ubisoft Berlin: Far Cry 5.5
- Ubisoft Bucharest: Assassin’s Creed Kingdom, Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Ubisoft Kiev: Trials Rising, Assassin’s Creed Kingdom (PC port)
- Ubisoft Leamington: Assisting Ubisoft Reflections
- Ubisoft Milan: Rabbids Kingdom 2
- Ubisoft Montpellier: Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Ubisoft Montreal: Assassin’s Creed Kingdom
- Ubisoft Odesa: Assisting Kiev
- Ubisoft Paris: Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Ubisoft Reflections: Far Cry 6, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Skull and Bones (vehicle physics and simulations)
- Ubisoft Shanghai: Skull and Bones
- Ubisoft Singapore: Skull and Bones
- Ubisoft Sofia: Assassin’s Creed Kingdom
- Ubisoft Toronto: Far Cry 6
Of course, all of the above Information should be taken with a pinch of salt. However, it’s worth mentioning that 4Chan leaks related to Ubisoft games have turned out to be true in the past so this leak shouldn’t be ignored entirely.
If the rumors are to be believed, Ubisoft will possibly talk about the next entry in Far Cry series at E3 2019, where it’s also expected to reveal a new Splinter Cell video game. Given the speed at which Ubisoft releases a new title, it’s possible that Far Cry 6 will release on Sony’s PlayStation 4, PC and Microsoft’s Xbox One before the launch of next-gen consoles.
A spin-off multiplayer title also makes sense to fill in the gap until Ubisoft releases Far Cry 6. In order to know if it’s true or not, we can do nothing but wait. Ubisoft is very pleased with the sales of Far Cry 6 as it recently announced that it’s the best selling game on current generation consoles, which is why a sixth entry in the franchise is guaranteed to arrive sometime in the future.