New Red Dead Redemption 2 1.08 update is now live, bringing Red Dead Online out of the beta with new features and some changes to the offline mode. This new update also fixes HDR issues of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation 4.
After installing this new update, players will see a menu for HDR Calibration, which allows them to “switch between the existing ‘Cinematic HDR’ and new ‘Game HDR’ styles”. In addition to this, there’s also an option to allow manual adjustment of peak Brightness values for different displays, according to the update patch notes.
With these fixes, players will be able to enjoy the game’s visuals at a better quality than before without display issues. HDR Calibration menu is also available for RDR 2 players on Microsoft’s Xbox One X.
Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online launched with a very poor implementation of HDR. It remains to be seen how effective these HDR changes from Rockstar Games are going to be.
Red Dead Redemption 2 1.08 update primarily focuses on Red Dead Online by bringing loads of new content like free roam events, new missions, dynamic open world events, new clothing items, new weapon and much more. The patch notes for the new Red Dead Online update are listed below.
- New weapon: Lemat Revolver
- New Co-op and Free roam Missions
- New outfits and clothing items
- Defensive and Offensive playstyle Options
- New Dynamic Events
- New Posse Versus Modes: Competitive Fishing, Bird Shooting Contests and Herb Picking Contests
- Poker now available at inns and saloons
- New Showdown mode called Overrun
- Balancing and Improvements to the Hostility system
- Players now have the option to press charges when killed by a player in Free Roam
- Changes to lock-on aiming in Red Dead Online
- Increased speed when changing weapons
- The Beta label has been removed
One of the noteworthy additions, in our opinion, is the playstyles. Players who choose to play with defensive playstyle will no longer be tackled, lassoed or aimed at by other players. This playstyle will come in handy for the players that just want to travel across the wild west.
Aside from these additions, the latest update also fixes bugs like Red Dead Redemption 2 online game crash on Sony’s PS4. Interested folks can read the full patch notes from the official Rockstar Games website.