The Division 2 update 1.07 titled ‘Operation Dark Hours’ has arrived on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This update brings the game’s first 8 player raid (which unlocks tomorrow), new apparel event, classified assignments, various tweaks and changes to both PVE and PVP sections of the game. Ubisoft’s The Division 2 was taken offline yesterday for server maintenance.
The major highlight of the update is obviously the inclusion of 8-player raid but Ubisoft has revealed that it’s not playable right after you install the update. That’s because Massive Entertainment wants you to gear up first and sort out your build after these new changes then the raid will drop “shortly after Title Update 3”.
Operation Dark Hours raid goes live tomorrow on May 16 at 9:00 AM PT, 12:00 PM ET and 5:00 PM BST. Players who have reached Tier 5 and defeated Tidal Basin can try out this raid.
Players can complete this raid to earn exclusive loot ranging from exotic weapons, new gear sets, and unique rewards. In addition to this, the first team that finishes the raid will have an in-game screenshot of their squad displayed in The Division 2’s White House for the world to see.
All other players who complete the raid between May 16 and May 23 will “receive a commemorative Arm Patch”. Meanwhile, players who complete the raid after these dates will be rewarded with “a clan banner icon and a trophy in their clan space.”
The latest update weighs about 6.8GB on PS4, 6.5GB on Xbox One and PC. Ubisoft has also released The Division 2 Title Update 3 patch notes, which you can look at below.
New Feature: Operation Dark Hours
Operation Dark Hours is our first 8-player raid coming to Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. Teamwork, collaboration, and adaptation will be necessary to defeat the Black Tusk. More information and exact opening times will be revealed soon.
New Feature: Classified Assignments: The Fall of DC
Classified Assignments are exclusive missions for owners of the Year 1 Pass. Discover and complete these missions to hear stories behind the fall of DC as well as unlocking exclusive Backpack Trophies. Title Update 3 includes the first two Classified Assignments.
New Apparel Event: Dark Hours
Starting together with the raid release, our second Apparel event will introduce new outfits, masks, emotes and weapon skins!
ACHIEVEMENTS & TROPHIES
Added Operation Dark Hours Achievement/Trophy.
- Bonus Armor granted on blue attributes gear significantly increased.
- Armor percent can now be found as Defense Attribute rolls.
- Health percent can now be found as Defense Attribute rolls.
- Gear sets
- Hard Wired
- Now grants Skill Damage instead of Shock Duration.
- Ongoing Directive
- Now grants special ammunition into any weapon, including the weapon currently equipped.
- Now grants special ammunition on any kill, not just weapon kills.
- True Patriot
- Decreased debuff cycle from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Increased damage dealt to nearby targets when Full Flag is active to 50%.
- Loot containers will now reset at a preset time of day.
- Control Point reward container will now also reset with this daily timer.
- Improved quality and quantity of Drone Helicopter loot.
- Slightly reduced the quality of items from Clan Caches.
- Cabinet loot containers now have a chance to contain Dark Zone keys.
- Increased ammunition drop chance from enemy NPCs to limit situations where players would run out of ammunition during prolonged fights on higher difficulty activities.
- Dark Zone contaminated loot does not drop below player’s average Gear Score and will guarantee Gear Score 500 when the player has reached 500 Gear Score.
- Heroic difficulty Mission bosses, Stronghold bosses, Bounty bosses and Heroic Control Points reward containers will guarantee Gear Score 500 when the player has reached 500 Gear Score.
- Loot now skews more towards the top end of its allowed Gear Score, resulting in fewer items below a player’s average Gear Score, and items that do drop below it will be closer to that average more often.
- Increased the rewards for daily Hard and Challenge mission Projects and they will guarantee Gear Score 500 when the player has reached 500 Gear Score.