The Fortnite X Avengers Endgame Limited Time Mode has now gone live and here’s everything you need to know about the challenges.
Fans of both Fortnite and Marvel’s Avengers have been looking forward to “The Fortnite Avengers Endgame event” ever since its announcement on Twitter. The event is now live and includes a set of End Game challenges that come with very cool rewards if you complete them all. These Fortnite challenges are tied to the Fortnite X Avengers Endgame Limited Time Mode. The event is also featuring PvPvE matches that include Thanos, an army of Chitauri, the Infinity Gauntlet, and four bits of kit from the Avengers crew.
Fortnite hosted a similar event last year when Avengers: Infinity War came out. The event allowed players to play as Thanos along with a variety of rewards.
Here’s how the matches work:
During the matches, Infinity Stones will drop from the sky. The stones will be marked on the map using big icons to show players where they are. and get big map icons to show you where they are. Throughout the course of a match, Iron Man’s repulsors will be going around different members of the hero team.
Thanos and his Chitauri army will be seeking out all six Infinity Stones. The hero Avengers Team will have to fight through the army and try to stop Thanos. Players must also look for chests to claim Avengers items that give them certain advantages. There is also a “Mythic Avengers item” that gives players an incredible advantage over the Chitauri army.
Here are three of the 12 Fortnite Endgame Challenges that are currently available:
- Deal damage while hovering with Iron Man’s Repulsors (1,000) – 500 XP
- Collect Infinity Stones (3) – Assemble Loading Screen
- Play matches of Endgame (7) – Captain America Banner
These remaining Fortnite Endgame Challenges will be unlocked somewhere around the next week:
- Deal damage by throwing Thor’s Stormbreaker Axe (1,000) – Thor’s Stormbreaker Emoticon
- Deal damage while flying with the Chitauri Jetpack (100) – 500XP
- Eliminations in different matches of Endgame (5) – Avengers Logo Spray
- Deal damage with Captain America’s Shield (1,000) – Captain America’s Shield Emoticon
- Deal damage with the Chitauri Laser Rifle (500) – 500XP
- Win matches of Endgame as a Chitauri or Thanos (3) – Infinity Gauntlet Spray
- Deal damage within 10s of grappling with Hawkeye’s Bow (500) – 500XP
- Deal damage with the Chitauri Energy Launcher (500) – 500XP
- Win matches of Endgame as the Hero Team (3) – Avengers Banner
It seems players will have to wait for a little to win all 12 of them. It is likely that they are waiting this much time so that everyone gets a chance to watch Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame which is now in theatres.
You can play The Avengers Endgame event now for Fortnite on Android, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, iOS, PC, and Mac.