The Division 2 1.03 update is released and it makes some notable changes. The update was around 1-2GB in size depending on your platform. Ubisoft has removed a work in progress prototype weapon as it wasn’t named or even properly balanced.
The most interesting change for DPS players is the Crossbow dealing damage to multiple objects as intended. The Division 2 exotic weapons had an issue with silencers as they didn’t make the intended sounds. The problem with exotic weapons and silencers is fixed with update 1.03.
The Division 2 NPCs are, interestingly, more competent than the original The Division. The Division 2 NPCs still had some issue when they engaged in combat and never reacted to grenades as intended.
- We removed a work in progress weapon that was not properly named and balanced.
- Crossbows now deal explosive damage to multiple objects as intended
- Exotic weapons equipped with silencers will now produce the sound they’re intended to make.
- NPCs engaged in combat will now react to grenades as intended.
- The ropes will now deploy properly to allow for extraction at the end of the Beekeeper Jeff side mission.
- Players should no longer be able to unlock Castle prematurely. This issue would block progression in some instances.
- Fixed a loot exploit that involved repeatedly killing bosses in some Invaded missions.
- In Jefferson Plaza, the NPC scene can no longer be interrupted during a boss fight.
- PC players playing together while connected to the same network were meeting a number of issues when interacting with each other. This has now been fixed.
- On PC, FreeSync 2 HDR can now properly be selected in-game regardless of your PC’s configuration.
- Stopped “SHD CPU V.2” and “Cyclone Magazine” skill mods from dropping as loot.
- Player’s who already have the items can use them once they unlock the corresponding specialization perk.
- Players will no longer get stuck on black screens after watching introduction cinematics.
- We have updated XP rewards for all end game activities, so that they will scale to the player’s level, instead of being flat values.
- Several corrupted audio issues have been fixed.
As you can see, The Division 2 1.03 patch makes PC specific changes as well. FreeSync 2 HDR works better and voice channel issues are now resolved. The Division 2 version 1.03 makes additional changes to the game over the day one patch.