Fortnite update v8.10 is now live on all platforms and it brings a variety of new content and gameplay changes. The update brings a new Baller vehicle, Getaway limited time mode, skin adjustments, and some tweaks to the battle royale’s cross-play matchmaking.
The Baller works by combining your vehicle and the grappler. It allows you to “pull yourself up cliffs or swing through the trees” in Fortnite. You get extra protection while seated (300 health to be exact) but it can be destroyed. It can be found at Expedition Outposts or pirate camps. Although, it’s a single seater which makes it pretty fun to use in solo mode.
Vending machines now work differently as you can use them for free without spending so much material. You can use them to pick an item for free now but they will now self-destruct after one use. Besides that, the common variant of Infantry Rifle has been removed and the heavy assault rifle has been downgraded to Common/Rare/Epic.
Another addition to the game is the new “The Getaway” LTM mode in which the players have to find a Jewel and deliver it to the getaway van before anyone else does.
Epic Games has made some changes to the Fortnite’s cross-play aswell. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players pools have been combined followed by mobile and Nintendo Switch pools. Cross-play with your respective pool is now the default matchmaking option for standard game modes. This means that Nintendo Switch players will be no longer matched with Xbox One or PlayStation 4 players by default.
However, it doesn’t mean that Xbox One or PlayStation 4 players can no longer play with Nintendo Switch players or vice versa. To do it, players will have to create a cross-play party.
You can check out patch notes for new items and gameplay changes below.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- This single seat vehicle is found at Expedition Outposts and around pirate camp loot stashes
- Use the attached Grappler and Boost functionality to pull yourself up cliffs or swing through the trees
- The driver is protected from damage, but The Baller is vulnerable to enemy weapon fire.
- 300 Health
- Removed Common rarity
Heavy Assault Rifle
- Adjusted rarity from Rare/Epic/Legendary to Common/Uncommon/Rare
- Base damage scaling for Common/Uncommon/Rare 36/38/40
- Reduced max stack size from 10 to 6.
- Vending Machines
- Removed the material cost.
- Each Vending Machine will be destroyed after claiming an item.
- Common and Uncommon Vending Machines have been removed.
- Removed Mounted Turret from Legendary Vending Machine
- Reduced availability of Treasure Maps from floor loot .53% to .27%.
- Reduced availability of Treasure Maps from chest loot 3.25% to 1.65%.
GAMEPLAY – Battle Royale Crossplay Matchmaking
- Combined Xbox One and PS4 pools.
- This requires you to opt-in to cross-play.
- Players opting out are restricted to Creative Mode and Playgrounds.
- Combined Mobile and Switch pools.
- Before, Switch players were combined with Xbox One and PS4 cross-play parties.
- We expect an on-average better per-game experience for both Mobile and Switch players.
- Motivating factor is unlocking optimization potential allowing us to run more playlists during more hours of the day while supporting more data center locations. Please provide us with feedback on your experience!
- Reduced infinite dab duration from 12 hours to 11 hours in the front end
- Just kidding, Increased Infinite dab duration from 12 hours to 13 hours in the front end
- Elimination credit is now awarded to last damager in cases of logging out, self-elimination, and eliminations due to Storm damage. Current threshold timer is 15 seconds.
- Added visual effects for the siphon on elimination.
- Players can now build as soon as they impact anything after being launched by a Pirate Cannon
- Players can dance while holding a balloon
- Added Pirate Cannon’s audio visualizer HUD icon to be a cannon.
- Players automatically enter the driver seat when entering an empty vehicle.
- Added custom consume animations for the following items:
- Small Shield Potion
- Shield Potion
- Slurp Juice
- Chug Jug
The full patch notes of Fortnite Update v8.10 are long but if you are interested, you can check them out here.
We have great news for those players who purchase a lot of cosmetic items. Starting soon, players will be able to undo purchases within 5 minutes after making a purchase.
Fortnite is now available to play on Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, Mobile and PlayStation 4.