Activision has finally added “all language subtitles” to Spyro Reignited Trilogy in its latest 1.03 patch. You will now have the option to enable subtitles for all of the game’s cutscenes which it lacked before.
Despite the great launch, the publisher drew a lot of criticism from deaf players due to the lack of accessibility options. Instead of admitting it, the publisher made an excuse by saying “there’s no industry standard for subtitles”. However, they promised to work on the issue which is why we have received this new patch after months.
These subtitles are available for all of the games included in the trilogy: Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Once installed, you can enable them via options. Speeches will have colors and lines to help you in reading and character headings to make it easier for you to identify the active speakers.
In addition to subtitles, new Spyro Reignited Trilogy update adds the option to turn Motion Blur effects on or off depending on your choice.
You can check out the full patch notes for PlayStation 4 patch 1.03 and Xbox One patch 1.02 below.
- Added subtitles in all languages (across all three games) for previously unsupported cinematics, including:
- Character headers to identify active speakers
- Succinct line splits for readability
- Colored text for improved character association in most languages
- Subtitle on/off toggle added under the Options menu
- Added an option to toggle motion blur on/off under the Options → Camera menu
- Fixed progression and completion bugs impacting Wizard Peak, Hurricos, Fracture Hills, Lost Fleet,
- Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge
- Fixed camera bugs in Sgt. Byrd’s Base and Dino Mines
- Stability improvement fix in Spider Town
- Additional misc. bug-fixes and improvements impacting Glimmer and Ripto’s Arena
Spyro Trilogy has turned out to be a big success and it managed to top the UK Charts in November. The game also made headlines by overcoming the sales of Bethesda’s Fallout 76.
If you haven’t played the game yet, we advise you to install the update first to fully understand the story. The collection of remasters of Spyro games in the series is a dream come true for all the fans who played the original on PlayStation 1 back in 1998.
To showcase amazing improvements done to the game, PlayStation has uploaded a video comparison of older and new versions of the game. Rending of characters inside is spectacular and even insane for some.
Spyro Reignited Trilogy is now available to play on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.