Our Anthem Javelins Guide explains all about the four available Javelins in the game i.e. Colossus, Interceptor, Storm, and Ranger including their Abilities, Grenades, Weapons, Ultimate Abilities, and helpful tips and tricks to play each one of them.
Your Javelin in Anthem is the single most important aspect of the game. Javelins in BioWare’s Anthem are essentially customizable exosuits that grant the player superhuman abilities.
The gameplay experience is tailored greatly by the choice of Javelin made by the player.
To help you with this, our Anthem Guide will make that choice easier by listing the different types of Javelins currently available in the game and everything each Javelin brings to the table.
1. Ranger Javelin
This is the first Javelin that the players will get and it is good for almost any situation. The suit is extremely versatile and can use virtually any weapon. Its Abilities include:
- Melee: Shock mace that does electric damage to enemies
- Dash: Dodge move that works in the air and on the ground
- Double Jump: Jump and then jump again for more airtime
- Frag Grenade
- Inferno: Fire Damage
- Frost Grenade: Ice Damage
- Seeker: Breaks into Smaller Parts and Chases Targets
- Sticky Bomb: Attaches to a Target then Detonates
- Homing Missile
- Energy Pulse: Blast of Pure Energy
- Spark Beam: Sustained Beam of Energy
- Venom Darts: Acid-filled Darts
- Blast Missile: Explodes and Causes Effect Damage.
- Muster Point: Spawns a Rallying Point and Restores Team Ability Cooldowns
- Bulwark Point: Shield that Deflects Projectile Attacks.
- Multi-target Missile Battery: Missiles Attack Multiple Targets
2. Colossus Javelin
As the name implies, this is the big gun. It is designed specifically to cause massive damage through heavy blows to the enemy while also sustaining itself under heavy fire.
It is not as quick or agile as the Ranger is but still is a great pick if your goal is to cause a lot of pain in one go. A quick rundown of all its Abilities is provided below:
- Sprint: Run to cover large areas quicker
- Double Jump: Like the Ranger, this suit allows you to jump again mid-air
- Shield Smash: Use shield to smash weakened enemies to the ground
- Melee: Smashes ground to hurt enemies and finish of weakened ones
- High Explosive Mortar: Projectile that does heavy damage to enemies within blast radius
- Burst Mortar: Collection smaller mortars that spread out
- Firewall Mortar: Mortar round of flames
- Lightning Coil: Electricity damage to a single target
- Shock Coil: Waves of electricity that damage multiple targets nearby
- Heavy Cannon
- Flame Thrower
- Acid Spitter
- Flak Cannon: Fires projectiles at nearby targets
- Taunt: Causes enemies to attack Colossus.
- Deflector Pulse: Makes allies damage resistant
- Siege Cannon: Firepower that decimates enemies
3. Storm Javelin
This suit was developed by the Dominion in Stralheim and grants the player the use of Elemental Abilities. It is able to float above the ground because it uses Seal Technology.
It does not offer much in the way of protection so the player will have to stay at a safe distance from enemies and they will have to do Anarcist Research to use it. Its Abilities and Gear Mods include:
- Increased Jump: Compensates for lack of double jump by allowing player to sprint while jumping
- Quick Dodging: Dodges almost like teleporting
- Fiery Strike: Explosive flash that does damage and knocks back enemies
- Lightning Strike
- Ice Storm: Traps enemies in an icy area where they get damage until it explodes
- Flame Burst: Explosion with fire damage
- Rime Blast: Ice projectiles which freeze and damage enemies
- Living Flame: Shoots flames which burn enemies
- Hoarfrost Shards: Shards of ice which freeze enemies
- Fireball: Shoots multiple small fireballs or one large one
- Ball Lightning: Ball of lightning which bounces off walls to hurt enemies
- Glacial Beam: Fires ice energy at the target
- Arc Burst: Blast of lighting that automatically hurts nearby targets
- Wind Wall: Deflects projectile attacks
- Nexus: Field that reduces gear cooldown of allies
- Elemental Storm: 3 elemental blasts that end with a storm on the target area
4. Interceptor Javelin
Every online-RPG needs a rogue and that is where this Javelin comes in. Players who prefer to play like stealthy assassins can make use of this Javelin’s rogue-like abilities in battle to sneak in, kill the enemy, and then sneak back out.
The suit does not have very good defensive capabilities and cannot wield heavy weapons but can make use of every other type. Its Abilities and Gear Mods are:
- Triple Jump: Faster travel than other suits and triple dash on the ground
- Melee: Double-Bladed Daggers that leash multiple slashes
- Acid Bomb
- Seeker Glaive: Throws sharp projectile at nearest target
- Cryo Glaive: Launches freeze projectile at nearest target
- Cluster Mine: Multiple mines that explode on impact with target
- Spark Dash: Dash that generates electricity to damage enemies
- Corrosive Acid Spray
- Star Strike: A charge that blows up targets
- Plasma Star: A plasma shuriken
- Nova Strike: Projection attacks enemies
- Tempest Strike: Stuns one target at a time
- Target Beacon: Does damage to marked target
- Rally Cry: Nearby allies are cured of status effects
- Assassin’s Blades: Rapidly attack multiple enemies and cause massive damage