The Outer Worlds is the upcoming sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment. The developer has revealed the game along with gameplay but not much is known about its gameplay mechanics and story. Now, a ton of The Outer Worlds info has leaked revealing the story, progression, character creation and more.
All of this The Outer Worlds leaked information is part of the Game Informer March issue. A 4Chan user was able to get all of this information and leaked it online.
The Outer Worlds leaked information reveals a ton about the character progression, story, game world and more. The game takes place in an alternate universe where Corporations continued to create monopolies in the late 19th century and early 20th century.
Now The Outer Worlds leaked info is too much much to explain in one article. So, the following are the important story bits, character creation, character progression, the world and more in The Outer Worlds.
- An alternate universe where corporations thrive and create monopolies.
- In the future humans start a program to colonize deep space and corporations are buying as much land as possible to create a monopoly.
- The government sends out the first wave to colonize with a 2nd wave to follow to create a functioning society.
- Government abandons the program and the 2nd wave is never deployed leaving thousands of people were left sleeping in different ships in space.
- The player is awoken to find all of the people who were part of the 2nd wave scattered throughout the universe in spaceships.
- Character creation is basically a screen where the Phineas chooses the player from thousands of sleeping humans.
- This allows players to pick specific background and abilities and also makes sense.
- There are no classes in The Outer World character creation.
- Aptitude is lore driven through jobs.
- Players can only have a select aptitude given that people in the 2nd wave were supposed to play different roles to create a functioning society.
- Phineas is a cross between Rick (from Rick and Morty) and Walter Bishop from Fringe.
- Players will visit planet Tera 2 after creating their character at this point the players encounter their first narrative choice.
- Players can either spy for the government, or against the government, or can do a mixture of both.
- The game is a mixture of Fallout, Bioshock and Borderlands 2.
- The dialogue system is a mixture between Fallout 2 and Fallout New Vegas.
- Side quests offer real choices and different endings to players.
- Government is controlling everyone through the religion of The Order of Scientific Inquiry.
- Players have the ability to freeze time and sneak up on enemies and needs to be recharged.
- Players can either play Genocide run or the Pacifist run. Every play style foes with the game.
- Every quest and be completed by just persuation, intimidation or lying.
- Players can travel alone or can have up to 2 companions with them.
- Each companion has a specific buff and the player itself will be giving buff to its companions.
- Each companion has its own quest line.
- Perk and skill system quite similar to Fallout.
- Players will be offered to take, Flaw, a negative effect that will last thoughout the game but gives more perks.
- The Outer World weapons are unique each having a brand of its manufacturer.
- Each weapon manufacturer specializes in a certain type of weapons which also results in a virtual Brand loyalty.
- Not a continuous open world.
You can check out the video below if you want to know every little detail regarding the Outer Worlds quests, character creation, character progression and more.
The Outer World is a sci-fi action RPG in development at Obsidian Entertainment. The game is scheduled to launch in 2019 for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.