Piranha Plant, the first post-launch fighter of Super Smash Bros Ultimate has now arrived with a new update. You can now download Smash Bros Ultimate update version 2.0.0 on Nintendo Switch.
You can have access to Piranha Plant for free now in Super Smash Bros but that’s a limited time offer. It’s only for those who purchase the game before January 31 and after that, Nintendo will be selling the Piranha Plant as a part of Smash DLC, patch notes have confirmed.
The new update version 2.0.0 on Switch also allows you to play Spirit Board with up-to four players, adds new spirit to the shop, brings gameplay adjustments, tweaks fighters and many more.
You can check out the patch notes of Smash Bros Ultimate update below.
Version 2.0.0 Offline
- You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
- Select the spirit you want to challenge on the Spirit Board, and then go to Party → Fighter to select the number of people who will play. When playing with multiple people, you will lose the battle if any player is KO’d.
The following spirits will now appear in the Shop.
- Partner Pikachu
- Partner Eevee
- Dice Block
- River Survival
- Golden Dash Mushroom
- We adjusted the calculation for Global Smash Power.
- Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant.
- Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date.
- Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to short hop.
- Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates’ KOs when Team Attack was On.
- Game-balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.
- Specific fighter adjustments are detailed here.
Nintendo releasing the above patch notes is a decent move and something which the company is not known for. Unlike others, the company has done changes to previous Super Smash Bros games in the series without providing any explanation (patch notes). In the past, players had to figure it out themselves to know what has changed.