New Fortnite Update has finally arrived and it brings Season 7 to the game along with major new additions. Latest Fortnite patch is now live on PS4 and it weighs 5.3GB so start downloading.
You will not be able to play Fortnite after downloading the patch straight away as the servers are down for maintenance. Luckily, Epic Games has now released the patch notes which tell us that it’s the biggest Season in the game yet.
Patch notes reveal that update 7.0 in Fortnite is going to bring a variety of map, gameplay changes and Season 7. The main addition of this new update is the ability to fly above in the sky with Fortnite planes. You can now also decorate your vehicle with wraps and create your own world in Fortnite with the creative mode. There are also many new locations along with a new Iceberg Biome.
Overview of this new Fortnite update with patch notes is as follows.
Fortnite Creative Mode Overview
- Creative Hub provides access to your own island, the islands of other friends who have joined on the server, or featured islands selected from the community.
- Player Islands are your creative space that automatically saves.
- Players will be able to keep a server active for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Battle Pass owners will start with 4 islands to allow for different creations. On December 13, all players will receive 4 islands.
- Friends can visit your island and island owners can set permissions to determine if your friends can edit/build while visiting.
- The My Island menu is accessible through the Main Menu in-game while on your island.
New WEAPONS + ITEMS
X-4 Stormwing Plane
- 5 total seats.
- Seats 4 passengers (on the wings) and a pilot.
- Has a mounted machine gun. Be careful, it can overheat.
- Players will go into the skydiving state when exiting the X-4 Stormwing.
- Use the roll buttons for sharp turns.
- Pressing both will fly upside down.
- Double tapping roll buttons will do a barrel roll.
- Can boost and airbrake for extra mobility.
- Balloons have been reworked so that while they are equipped, it is possible to use weapons and items.
- Players can attach up to 3 Balloons to their back, lifting off the ground when the 3rd Balloon is attached.
- Press jump while in the air to release Balloons one at a time.
- Reduced stack size from 20 to 10.
- Updated scope crosshair on Scoped AR and Thermal AR.
- Vaulted Items
- Note: Each new season gives us an opportunity to evaluate the current item rotation. Our goal is to have a reasonable number of items to learn, while avoiding duplicates or overlapping functionality. Based on recent (and upcoming) item additions, we’ve selected the following for vaulting.
- Shadow Stones
- Double Barrel Shotgun
- Shockwave Grenade
- New Biome: Iceberg
- New Location: Frosty Flights
- New Location: Polar Peak
- New Location: Happy Hamlet
- Other unnamed Points of Interest (POIs) have also appeared across the island.
- Icy Surfaces can be found in snowy areas.
- Players will slide on certain frozen surfaces.
- Ziplines can be found around the Iceberg and near Expedition Outposts.
- Latch on and zip from one end to the other.
- Aim, fire, or use items all while conveniently traveling on Ziplines.
- Minimap updated.
- Increased the chance of final circles ending on the outer edges of the map.
Now that’s not all as this update also comes with lots of bug fixes and stability improvements. You can check out the full patch notes for this new Fortnite Update here.
Fortnite creative mode will be only available to the Batte Pass owners starting today. Everyone else will have to wait till December 13 to try out new creative mode in Fortnite.