Gunfire Game’s latest addition to the Darksiders series gets its next major patch that brings some community requested changes. The new update looks to make the game more forgiving for players focused on the story.
The story mode was already pretty easy to go through but it seems there were enough finding it difficult that devs needed to make changes for everyone.
It also works on fixing several bugs for all three platforms and resolves crash issues on the PC port. Here’s a gist of the patch notes, the full extent of which you can find here.
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
The enhancements added to improve the gameplay experience include improvements to both performances and in-game features. To be more specific:
- The hit indicators have been made more readable. Now easier to identify which direction the player is being attacked from.
- The story mode difficulty has been made even easier for players that are only interested in how events play out.’
- The invulnerability windows for dodging have been made better and easier across all difficulties.
- Loading times have been improved with stuttering also being reduced.
- A forced respawn accessibility for Fury to be sent back if the player gets stuck in an area for whatever reason.
- Crash issues with the game have been fixed
- Other fixes including how the Gluttony fight used to be broken have been fixed.
More niche fixes and additions can be found at the official website.
The PC port has more or less had the same fixes as the console variants. With one difference being that they added FOV scaling to keep correct FOV on 21:9 monitors.
For additional tweaking you’d like to do on your PC devices, here’s a guide.