We have been playing video games for decades and over the years, we have seen big improvements being made in them in terms of graphics, storylines, map sizes and more. But When it comes to games, video game map sizes does matter and it’s a matter of fact, a reason for GTA V’s success so you can’t deny it and today we are going to discuss the evolution of Video game map sizes to enlighten you.
We love playing games and we love exploring new places while doing our favorite activities but have you ever wondered which game started it all by making the biggest map till today where now we spend endless hours while playing with friends.
Below we are going to list games that revolutionized video game map sizes to date.
- Grand Theft Auto 3 – Map Size: 9km2
- Grand Theft Auto Vice City – Map Size: 14km2
- Mafia – Map Size: 31km2
- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas – Map Size: 36km2
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Map Size: 37km2
- Fallout 3 – Map Size: 39km2
- The Elder Scrolls Oblivion – Map Size: 41km2
- Red Dead Redemption – Map Size: 41km2
- Far Cry 3 – Map Size: 46km2
- Far Cry 2 – Map Size: 80km2
- Grand Theft Auto V – Map Size: 81km2
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Map Size: 130km2
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Map Size: 135km2
- World Of Warcraft – Map Size: 207km2
- Superman Returns – Map Size: 207km2
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising – Map Size: 350km2
- Burnout Paradise – Map Size: 518km2
- True Crime: Los Angeles – Map Size: 621km2
- Just Cause 2 – Map Size: 1036km2
- Asheron’s Call – Map Size: 1295km2
- Test Drive Unlimited – Map Size: 1600km2
- The Crew – Map Size: 5000km2
- Fuel – Map Size: 14400km2
- Guild Wars Nightfall – Map Size: 38850km2
- The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall – Map Size: 161600km2
- Minecraft – Map Size: 4096000000km2
Bigger map always means more means to interact with your in-game and with the latest addition of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey in the list, with a huge map size of 130km2, it’s going to allow us to explore the beautiful world of Greece with an in-depth story with more choices than ever before.