scroll down

Fallout 76 Gameplay is Only 20% Different Than Traditional Fallout Games

According to Bethesda’s Todd Howard, Fallout 76 gameplay is only 20% different than traditional single-player Fallout games. Speaking in a recent interview, Howard discussed community concerns over the multiplayer focus on Fallout 76 gameplay.

Addressing the issue, he assured us that 80% of the game is traditional Fallout while 20% of it hosts the new multiplayer aspect. Fallout 76 is the very first Fallout game to feature any type of multiplayer portion, a shared open world where you will meet, join, and fight other players. This raised concerns about Bethesda’s future direction and if the company plans to go down the live services route.

80 percent the Fallout everyone is used to, and the other 20 percent is really different.

Fallout 76 will cater to those who like a multiplayer PvP experience but will not ignore hardcore fans looking for a proper RPG experience with PvP and instances.

You can play with your friends but the entire game can be experienced solo. Pete Hines confirmed Fallout 76 to be similar to Fallout 4 in terms of its solo experience.

I just go out and explore. I decide whether I’m going to try and do some big quest or a personal quest like putting a scope on a rifle I just went through the trouble to repair…I’m in this world where I’m just trying to survive, and I feel like I’m alone. I feel like I’m playing Fallout by myself.

Bethesda is handling Fallout 76 differently not only in terms of its new multiplayer portion but also the monetization plans. The developer confirmed it won’t add a season pass but cosmetic microtransactions are coming to Fallout 76. These items will not have any impact on Fallout 76 gameplay so players should rest assured.

Fallout 76 release date is November 14 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Keep in mind that players will not be able to download the game from Steam. Bethesda decided to not distribute the game through Valve’s platform.

Moreover, developers wish to add cross play to Fallout 76, however, this may not be completely possible thanks to Sony’s refusal to listen to the gaming community. In a recent statement, Sony stated that since PlayStation is the best place to play, crossplay isn’t necessary for the players.

The statement saw backlash from the community as well as competitors like Microsoft. Bethesda went far as calling out Sony and saying that the relationship with the company could get strained.

Source: GameInformer