A new SCUM update is now available to download on Steam, adding a few awaited features to the newly released survival title. If you were worried about cheaters and the possibility of them ruining your experience, fear not as the developers have added anti-cheat and server admin controls to SCUM in order to avoid unwanted company.
Additionally, the new SCUM update disables chat and microphone icons in the single-player portion of the game. Of course, there’s a fair share of fixes coming to SCUM through the new patch, ranging from ammo exploits to memory leak fixes.
Here are the full SCUM Patch 0.1.17.8363 Release Notes:
- Anticheat is up an running. We will continue to upgrade it, and keep SCUM as cheat free as possible!
P.S – Also using exploits will be considered cheating and can result in a ban.
- Server admin controls are also added.
- Sentries got nerfed a bit. (Longer reload times, bigger shooting cone, bigger chance to miss)
- Fixed ammo exploit bug when using ammo directly from searched objects.
- Fixed issue where items where invisible but could be picked-up after re-logging into the game.
- Added natural attenuation for voice chat – Reduced radius for bullet flyby sounds.
- Fixed bug that sometimes made mouse cursor disappear on the spawn screen
- Fixed being able to commit suicide while dead.
- Disabled chat and mic icon in singleplayer.
- Puppet should now spawn proper meat after chopping, Calorie intake of human meat and puppet meat should now be correct
- Server password access is thread-safe now.
- Potential memory leak fix for master server.
- Refresh button will be greyed out until we received the server list or timed out.
- Server browser filtering and pinging improvements.
- Adjusted AK47 run animation.
- Added search to server browser.
- Airport Hangar: Doors opened (now sentries can get in)
- Airport – Added Danger volumes (Once you enter the danger volume sentries will start looking for you, and if they see you they don’t warn you but start shooting immediately)