While PUBG Corp is not making enough improvements but, it is bringing subtle changes and improvements to the game. The developers have announced the arrival of PUBG bullet penetration with PC 1.0 update 19 and also announced the inclusion of the dynamic weather in the game.
The PC 1.0 update 19 bring a slew of changes to the game but, the highlight of the update is the PUBG bullet penetration system.
The bullet penetration system subtly changes how the damage is dealt to the player depending if the player’s forearm is covering a critical part of the body.
As noted by PUBG Corp, with the bullet penetration system the bullet will penetrate the part of the body “following its ballistic curve. The result will be different depending on whether the arm/hand is blocking more vulnerable body parts”.
As explained by the devs, with PUBG bullet penetration system, if the forearm is covering the head while being shot at and the forearm takes a bullet then full headshot damage will be dealt.
The devs further noted that if the bullet hits the forearm and is not covering any critical part of the body then “only the arm/hand damage will be applied”.
Bullet penetration system is now applied to arms and hands.
- When bullet hits the arm/hand of the character, it will penetrate following its ballistic curve. The result will be different depending on whether the arm/hand is blocking more vulnerable body parts.
- When a bullet penetrates a arm/hand and strikes a more vulnerable body part behind it, the greater damage will be applied. In other words, if a player’s arm/hand takes a bullet while blocking their head, the full headshot damage will be applied. This penetration system works for the head, torso, and waist only.
- If a bullet penetrates the arm/hand, but no vulnerable body part is behind it, only the arm/hand damage will be applied
- Arm/hand penetration is disabled for shotguns
- Bullet penetration is not applied to legs.
Not only that, PUBG Corp has also announced the dynamic weather for the game.
As explained by PUBG Corp, Rain and Fog weather effects will return to Erangel and Miramar as random events taking place during matches.
The dynamic weather will create opportunities for players like the rain will allow players to sneak up on other players. The dynamic weather system will be available on August 8, 2018.
These are definitely some important changes. However, the devs also need to work on making the PUBG more stable on PC as the game still crashes even on high-end systems.
What do you think of the PUBG bullet penetration system and the inclusion of Dynamic weather? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.