It has been a while that we have received any new information regarding Call Of Duty Black Ops 4, let alone the Blackout mode. Fans have been trying to dig out something or anything, regarding the Black Ops 4 Blackout but nothing interesting has been found. However, that is about to change, perhaps. As a new potential leak has surfaced, which has revealed a lot of information regarding the Black Ops 4 Blackout maps, loot, weapons and so much more.
A Call Of Duty community member, who goes by the name Omnipotentem, posted an extensive and detailed list of information regarding the Black Ops 4 Blackout map, health, armor, weapons, vehicles and much more. The post was made on Reddit.
Before we dig deep into those details, let it be known that this is merely a leak and has the tendency of being completely nullified. So take this with a grain of salt, having said that the details have been made available below.
- Largest map in Call of Duty history, but lots of focus on verticality. As seen in the teaser, the map features pieces of iconic maps from previous games. Nuketown is located in the middle of the map as an island, surrounded by water, set after the nuke is dropped. The layout and theme of Nuketown in Blackout is similar to that of Nuketown Zombies from Black Ops 2.
- Aiming for at very least 50 players, currently testing 64 players right now with plans to increase if possible.
- Health is 150HP, replenished via scavengable Medical Kits. Equipping scavenged Armor allows the player to take 1 extra shot, Armor Piercing Rounds will counter the effect of Armor.
- Limited Inventory slots, increased space via scavenged Backpacks.
- Weapon loot has rarity, depending on the rarity your weapon will have different attachments (Higher Rarity = Better/More Attachments). *Subject to change, there are currently talks about attachments being scavenged rather than rarity-dependent.
- Consumable abilities such as the Multiplayer Specialist Abilities. For example, Torque’s Portable Barricade with 1x use, Ruin’s Grapple Hook with limited uses, and Nomad’s Dog which can be commanded to follow the player or guard an area.
- Equipment such as the Recon RC, an RC-XD without explosives, can be scavenged and give the player an advantage. Currently, a Monkey Bomb equipment which doesn’t explode can be found, likely a placeholder for a Decoy Grenade.
- Land, air, and sea vehicles as seen in the teaser. The ATV is the only fully-functioning vehicle in the current build.
- The Storm/Gas mechanic is currently a simple visible wall that closes in on the map.
- While players simply parachute into the map. *Subject to change, talks of moving to a spawn-in system similar to Call of Duty: Online are happening.
For not this is something that the fans can ponder upon, until we have confirmation for the authenticity of this leak.
That said the big concern of the fans, is that will the Balck Ops 4 Blackout mode change how the community perceives the battle royale games? As the devs have claimed that the Battle Royale of Black Ops 4 will be the “Best and Better than Everybody Else”.
Let’s hope that is the case and we get to see, something new in the market.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is scheduled to roll out on October 12th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.