Ubisoft is getting serious about their Assassin’s Creed Odyssey DLC plans this year, something we knew since the game’s announcement at E3 2018. The company has then stated that the game will be supported long-term, following a service-type model. To top that, a survey has been handed out to future players of the game, asking them what they’d be interested in seeing when it comes to future DLC. The possibilities might surprise you.
Companies are getting more and more interested in their fans’ opinion about their next steps. Given the amount of backlash several titles have endured over the year, feedback from the community has become essential. Ubisoft is adapting to this “new reality” by letting fans have an active role in the forging of the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey DLC.
A survey with several Assassin’s Creed DLC content possibilities has been emailed to members of its community, asking from them to choose what would they want to see more during the game’s long-lasting content model. Here’s the list, as it was found on Reddit:
- A new storyline set in a new area
- New missions in the same worlds as the main game
- A pack of Helix Credits
- A DLC that lets me expand my character’s progression (higher level, new gear, new abilities)
- Exclusive perks for Season Pass members (i.e permanent boosts)
- Early access to new DLCs
- Weekly episodic story missions with established and/or new characters
- A DLC that focuses on an entirely new character with its own progression system
- New gear and equipment (weapons, armor, outfit)
- A new mode that introduces elements I generally would not see in an Assassin’s Creed game (e.g magic, mythical creatures)
- An exclusive item for season pass members (weapon, outfit,…)
- New abilities that do not exist in the main game
Truth be told, most of the aforementioned possibilities seem tempting, since they hint the introduction of brand new content. The fact that there’s an option of having a brand new character as the lead character in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey DLC may seem too far-fetched, however, it’s something that all fans would want to see at some point.
If Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is to be supported for more than just the standard one-year life cycle then it can’t be done with only Kassandra and Alexios on the lead. Giving fans new characters, areas and equipment is one step closer to making Assassin’s Creed Odyssey the biggest and most successful title in the franchise.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is scheduled to roll out on October 5th for PS4, PC, and Xbox One.