Death Stranding is possibly the most promising and highly anticipated PlayStation 4 exclusive title to be released in the years to come. Every time Hideo Kojima attends an event we are all hanging by a thread to see what a mindblowing trailer he brought with him that time. At E3 2018, Kojima Productions have something new in store for us as a leak suggests, revealing more information about Death Stranding gameplay and E3 2018 trailer.
The leak comes from 4Chan from a supposed insider source knowing bits about the Death Stranding gameplay and what we’ll be able to see at E3 2018. Before we start detailing the leak you shall be warned that there might be some minor and one major spoiler that could possibly ruin the experience for you if the leak comes to be true. If you don’t care about that then you can continue reading below but whatever the case you should take these information with a grain of salt.
As the leak suggests, the E3 2018 Death Stranding trailer will end with Sam laying naked and lifeless on the beach, even though the leaker hasn’t seen the bit before that. After this, Kojima will take the stage, start the ps4 controller and the light coming on the controller will sync up with the light on Sam’s bracelet/handcuff. The leak continues by saying that Kojima will dive into gameplay but it will actually be gameplay footage and not live gameplay.
This is done as a continuous cut, at the end of the gameplay section we time travel backward to the start of the trailer. We will see part of the trailer play out from the perspective of the player. The music in the trailer is cut to will also sound as though it’s coming from off in the distance. The leaker suggests that the new Death Stranding trailer will be really cool and gave us a warning that Hideo Kojima likes to play games with his games’ fanbase, so we’ll have to remember that one too.
Death Stranding Gameplay
- Death Stranding will feature tons of weapons, vehicles, gadgets, and gear from multiple eras, from clubs to single shot muskets to energy swords.
- The baby is something that exists as a singular, it is not something that is instanced each time you boot up the game. The baby is a single entity. He is what is causing the time distortions and dimensions crossing over, which is multiplayer.
- When the community has reached the end of the game, there will need to be a global decision made to kill the baby and end DS multiplayer forever, or allow it to live and continue the multiplayer experience.
- Players in other games can do things at certain points in time that will have a butterfly effect in your game, this can happen both while you are actively playing or while the game is off. They can be positive or bad things (Stick or rope).
- PVP can happen at any point if you and another player accidentally cross timelines while time traveling.
- When you die that timeline is closed forever, significant things that encapsulate that Sam’s story in that timeline will travel with you to the ocean floor before you re-emerge and continue in a new timeline. As you and other players pollute the ocean, it will cause sea-life to die and wash up on shore.
- It will be on PC at an undecided time after the PS4 release. Likely not for at least 12 months.
- Sony wants it exclusive entirely, the minimum contractual obligation is a year though. None of that is set in stone yet.
- Early 2020 – Game got delayed internally.
As you can see, some of the aforementioned information about Death Stranding gameplay and release is almost too hard to be believable. The Early 2020 release window sounds plausible, however, it being available on PC after some time doesn’t sound like a thing after all that exclusivity talk. If what leaked about the game’s multiplayer is true, then we’re up to the most immersive multiplayer experience up to date. We can’t wait to find out more about Death Stranding at E3 2018.