SEGA has been teasing their new Team Sonic Racing game for some time on Twitter by posting images with a very little info we can take out of and be happy about while on the other side Walmart has just completely leaked the game along with details and in-game screenshots.
Walmart has leaked the game and it is called Team Sonic Racing which comes ahead of the official reveal which is most likely today. This new racing game was in rumors for a long time but now everything has been confirmed along with different screenshots.
Team Sonic Racing is currently only listed for Nintendo Switch but we expect the game to launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC as well. Though there is no mention of the release date for which we will have to wait for the official announcement.
It’s possible that the game will be playable at E3 2018.
Below is an overview of Team Sonic Racing as provided by Walmart along with screenshots.
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game-changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline/online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Classes 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.