Call of Duty Black Ops 4 was showcased recently and it may not be what everyone was hoping to see. Thankfully, the next Call of Duty is already under development and unlike this year’s game, we expect it to feature a singleplayer mode.
Call of Duty 2019 is developed by Infinity Ward, the creator of Modern Warfare series as well as Infinite Warfare. Modern Warfare series was made popular by Infinity Ward devs who later left and formed Respawn Entertainment. The studio created Titanfall 1 and 2 under the care of Jason West and Vince Zampella.
But now, many members of the development team are leaving Respawn to rejoin Call of Duty team at Infinity Ward. Members of the team that left and joined Infinity Ward include:
- Ranon Sarono – Senior Animator at Respawn, now Senior Animator at Infinity Ward
- Joel Emslie – Former Art Lead at Infinity Ward, Former Art Director at Respawn, now Studio Art Director at Infinity Ward
- Geoffrey Smith – Former Designer at Infinity Ward, Former Lead Game Designer at Respawn, now Multiplayer Design Director at Infinity Ward
- Mark Grigsby – Former Lead Animator at Infinity Ward, Former Lead Animator at Respawn, now Animation Director at Infinity Ward
- John Mundy – Senior Game Designer at Respawn, now Senior Game Designer at Infinity Ward
- Joshua Dunnam – Senior Environment Artist at Respawn, now Senior Environment Artist at Infinity Ward
- Dom McCarthy – Producer at Respawn, now Producer at Infinity Ward
Black Ops 4 features a Battle Royale mode and same is expected from next year’s game as well. However, zombies and Battle Royale should be additional features over classic multiplayer and story mode in Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty game.
So many developers leaving also casts a shadow over Titanfall’s future.