Shenmue 3 Delayed To 2019 To Deliver The Game At Its Best

scroll down

Shenmue 3 Delayed To 2019 To Deliver The Game At Its Best

Shenmue 3 must be one of the most successful and highly anticipated Kickstarter projects. This comes with a bigger budget but bigger expectations as well. That’s why Shenmue 3 is now facing a delay, moving its release window to 2019.

The announcement of the delay comes with a reason, which is to “polish the quality of the game even further, to the high standards it deserves and release the product in the best possible timeframe” as Deep Silver reveals. In most cases, this opens more doors to the developers to add additional features to the game.

Yu Suzuki, the creator of Shenmue has also made a statement about the delay saying the following:

“To all of our backers, we are very sorry for the delay. After much discussion with our partners, Deep Silver, we have concluded that extending the release will allow us to deliver Shenmue III at its best. We promise to use this time to improve the quality of Shenmue III. We cannot thank you enough for your enduring support.”

As Yuzuki revealed a few months ago, Shenmue 3 will be 30% new and the keep the other 70% of the game similar to the original. It makes sense that the delay is happening since he revealed that the design is constantly changing they are always coming up with new concepts to add to the game.

For Deep Silver, Shenmue 3 is a reason to redeem themselves for Mighty No. 9. We expect that the popular publisher won’t want another failure at their backs and don’t want to show an unfinished project to the fans.

Shenmue 3 is an open-world action adventure game in development at YS Net and will launch sometime in 2019 for PlayStation 4 and PC.

A Nintendo Switch version of the game will be released after its original release on the other platforms since it needs different handling to make a game on it.