Digital game gifting is a really useful feature, which means you can purchase a game and gift to someone else easily which is now also available on PC by Microsoft.
This feature has been present on Xbox One from sometime in which you could purchase any game, Xbox Game Pass subscriptions, add-on or Xbox Live membership and gift it to someone as a present. The feature was well received and PC users were wanting it too, so Microsoft recently announced that it is expanding the service.
The company released the following statement:
Today, we’re excited to announce that we have expanded digital gifting to include PC games and PC downloadable game content… Further, all Xbox One games are now eligible for digital gifting.
To gift games you will have to follow the following process:
- Go to the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10, Xbox One or online and find the product you want to gift.
- Select ”Buy as Gift” option and enter the email address of the person you want to send it to. Xbox One users can also choose a Gamertag.
- After you do that, the recipient will receive an email with a code and instructions on how to redeem it.
Starting today many PC games are available for gifting, and the remaining should become available by May 11.
There are also some rules to keep in mind as mentioned below.
- Gift purchasers can buy only two discounted products and a total of ten discounted products every fourteen days.
- No limits on purchases made at full price
- Xbox 360 and Xbox original games are included in this feature
- Gifts can only be redeemed in the country or region they were purchased
It’s great to see that Microsoft is listening to its customers to provide what they want.
Are you excited to use this feature on PC? Let us know in the comments below.