Monster Hunter World sales might be slowing down recently but Capcom has announced that the game has sold more than 7.9 million copies, further 400,000 since March.
Capcom updated their list showing the top-selling games and number of units they sold by saying:
”In the home video game market, sales of more than one million units is the generally accepted standard for a major hit. Since Capcom’s inception, we have created many of these titles, including Street Fighter and Resident Evil. With more than 80 titles that have sold more than one million units, Capcom stands alone in the video game industry”
The list of ”Platinum Titles” by Capcom is as follows:
- Monster Hunter: World – 7.9 million
- Resident Evil 5 – 7.5 million
- Resident Evil 6 – 7.1 million
- Street Fighter II – 6.3 million
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – 5.1 million
- Resident Evil 2 – 4.96 million
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 – 4.9 million
- Monster Hunter Generations – 4.3 million
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – 4.2 million
- Monster Hunter 4 – 4.1 million
- Street Fighter II Turbo – 4.1 million units
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite – 3.8 million units
- Resident Evil 3 Nemesis – 3.5 million units
- Street Fighter IV – 3.4 million units
- Dead Rising 2 – 3.1 million units
- Devil May Cry 4 – 3.0 million units
- Resident Evil – 2.75 million units
- Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G – 2.6 million units
- Dead Rising 3 – 2.5 million units
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City – 2.5 million units
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2 – 2.4 million units
- Dino Crisis – 2.4 million units
- Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition – 2.3 million units
- Resident Evil 4 – 2.3 million units
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 – 2.3 million units
The numbers are quite strong and Monster Hunter coming on top in such a short time is a big achievement by the company.
Capcom discussed their success in its latest financial report, which showed that the company is doing well as net sales increased year by year with 8.4% and increase in profits by 17.5%. Capcom is looking to have a major increase in profits and sales next year.
Other than that if you are playing Monster Hunter World, Deviljho has arrived in the game and looks hungry than ever. Capcom has also released patch notes for the upcoming update which includes new armor, map and more.