If you were looking for some new content to be added to Sea of Thieves in order to keep you going on with being a pirate, then this is the time to start preparing your crew for a new update. The new Sea of Thieves update brings new customization options for Pirate Legends, letting you customize your ship to become a feared pirate captain.
Since the release of the game, it took some time for the first Pirate Legend to arise. When the first guy hit this milestone though, everyone realized that being a legend isn’t as fancy as it first was revealed.
Rare however is committed to making Sea of Thieves a great experience for both hardcore and casual players and is making sure of it by bringing a new update that lets you customize your ship when being a Pirate Legend.
Here are the Sea of Thieves update v1.0.4 patch notes:
- Pirate Legend – The first legendary ship customizations have arrived at the Shipwright’s Shop in the Legendary Hideout! From here you can purchase your new Pirate Legend sails, hull, and figurehead.
- Sound Effects – Players will now hear a new sound effect when they open a Lore Book and when a Merchant Alliance contract has expired.
- Spring Cleaning – It is now easier to place chests and skulls on shelves in the Captain’s Cabin, and to drop items overboard!
- Controller Remapping – We’ve added push-to-talk to the list of actions players can rebind on the controller.
- The server migration-free zone around the Skeleton Forts has been doubled.
- Trading companies now inform you when you have reached the voyage purchase limit for the day (Refreshes at 6 am in-game time).
- Fixed clipping of reward values in wallet UI animations.
- Fixed text clipping in the Reputation menu UI.
- Company icons in the voyage pop-up UI are now the correct size.
- Ammo box on Lookout Point can now be used.
- Skeleton crews encountered during bounty quests and skeleton forts now have correctly matching attire.
- Players weapon selection from the Armoury should no longer reset to default after death.
- A notification should now trigger when a crewmate finds a reward from a Message in a Bottle map.
- Ships should no longer spawn with damage.
- Voyage description text has been increased in size, and should now be easier to read from a distance.
- Filters in the Equipment Chest will no longer become impossible to select.
- Candles are no longer floating in the air on Old Salts Atoll
- Lantern in the north-western part of Kraken’s Fall is no longer floating above the barrels.
- Skeleton Fort Cannons can once again be manned by players without fear of an explosive demise.
- The appearance of the water in the Legend Hideout has been improved.
- Rain will no longer appear inside the Legend Hideout Tunnel.
- Players will now correctly take damage from gunpowder kegs whilst underwater.
- Multiple text bugs and NPC dialogue issues in English have been resolved.
Improved performance on high-resolution PCs running at lower than native resolution.
The number of instances of rubber banding and teleporting players has been reduced.
Increased quality of island rendering at a distance when using the spyglass on all quality settings on both platforms.
This has no effect when the island is too far away to be loaded
Multiple server crash fixes.
Sea of Thieves v1.0.4 update is making sure that there are things to make you look like the pirate legend you are. This is just the start of many more updates coming soon. Do you think that the game still lacks content? What kind of features would you want to be implemented?