A new version of Fortnite is now available, bringing a portable fort for you to build in case of emergency, the newly revamped replay system with which you can create your own spotlights, new cosmetics, and a brand new limited-time event. Fortnite v3.5 update is one of the biggest we’ve seen lately making meaningful changes to its battle royale mode.
First of all update 3.5 introduces a new type of consumable, the Port-A-Fort, which is basically a portable fort which you can pop up in seconds and fortify yourself in time of need. Like all additions to Fortnite Battle Royale, Port-A-Fort will bring brand new mechanics to the game. Imagine being on the brink of death while running away and Bam! you find yourself in a huge fort and ready to heal up.
Other than that you can check out the Replay Feature where you can highlight your best moments in a match, cut them out, slow them down or fast them up and create your own videos. Also, new cosmetics have been added bringing a more cyberpunk feeling to the famous battle royale title.
Another addition that we see in Fortnite V3.5 Update is the new 50v50 limited time event that is basically just what its name indicates. Two teams of aproximately 50 people will have to fight each other for their team’s glory. Take a look at the event’s patch notes:
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).
- Storm & Map
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on minimap at start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
- Added dotted line to map, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
- Bug Fixes + Mode Improvements
- Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players.
- Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).
Moreover, the Fortnite V3.5 Update also implements bug fixes and optimization settings on mobile and PC respectively. You can check the full patch notes here.