Squad matches will be accessible today on the new PUBG map, Savage. The map is accessible to a limited number of players on PC via an Experimental Test build, downloadable through Steam.
According to a post by the developers, they heard feedback and based on community interests, they are opening up Squad matches as well as making some changes. More changes and improvements are going to be made in the near future.
- Increased the item and weapon spawn rates inside residential buildings and small cabins to improve the looting experience along the outskirts of the map.
- The first blue zone circle will show up right at the beginning of the match so players can plan their strategy before parachuting.
- Blue zone time adjusted to speed up gameplay during the first phase of the match.
- Red zone frequency has been lowered
- There are now fewer explosions inside each red zone. The size of the red zone remains the same.
- Vans now spawn less often. The two-wheeled motorcycle spawns more often. Motorbikes with sidecars have been removed from Codename: Savage.
Developers have also opened a new round of giveaway for Savage test environment keys. The team made it clear that by opening the Squad mode we are looking at potential matchmaking delays due to a limited number of players in the test environment.
This is part of the reason they opened the second round of giveaways. And for now, the new PUBG map is only available to test on PC but could soon be a part of the Xbox Preview Program.
PUBG is now available on PC and Xbox One. You can download the title from Steam or Xbox Store.