Microsoft is bringing a new update to Xbox One, which may not include any new fancy features but provides more stability to the console’s existing ones. The Xbox One Alpha Preview is already available for some players, fixing some known issues that players struggled with over the past months.
Codenamed 1804, this new Xbox One Alpha Preview brings fixes for known issues on Xbox One:
- Fixed an issue in which some users would experience loss of audio in games or apps.
Controller sharing/ Co-pilot vibration issues
- Users will no longer experience a problem with a controller vibrating non-stop when using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.
- Fixed an issue in with system stability that could result in Microsoft Edge from crashing when running multiple apps/games.
- Fixed an issue in with system stability that could result in Home/apps or games crashing when running multiple apps/games.
Here are the known issues:
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Some users are reporting when quitting a game or app via the guide Home is not loading and you see a black screen.
- Hulu app volume is lower and being investigated.
- We are aware of the Guide staying on the screen or being blank when exiting a game or app.
If you haven’t been able to see the latest Xbox One Alpha Preview 1804 then you might receive the automatic update when you are chosen. Otherwise, the update will be installed on your console as soon as it’s officially released.
In related news, two of the most famous games on Xbox One are receiving big patches on the console this week:
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will hopefully receive a new update on Xbox One this Friday if everything goes according to plan. Microsoft and Bluehole have confirmed that the Xbox Battlegrounds will be getting new exciting maps and more content.
On the other hand, Ubisoft announced that The Division would receive an expected improvement patch for Xbox One X. In addition, beginning in June 2018, The Division players will be able to complete specific achievements to receive rewards in Division 2.