Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition release date has just been announced and it comes with a twist. This version will be available on PC and PlayStation 4 too, however, there’s no Xbox One version for this one. Plus, anyone who owns its original edition on PC will get its remaster for free.
As you might already know, Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition is a remastered edition of the popular First-Person Shooter title based on Game’s Workshop’s classic Space Hulk board game set in the universe of Warhammer 40.000. Even though its gameplay was rad back in the day, its visuals could really need a rework. That’s where the Enhanced Edition comes in to bring you the whole experience with the power of Unreal Engine 4, releasing on May 22nd.
There’s still no announcement about a potential Xbox One edition and by the looks of it, there won’t be one. The Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition official website gives you a bit of insight as to what’s new in this version:
- Class Customization – deep progression system lets players unlock armor and weapon skins, attachments, perks and more for aesthetic and gameplay customization.
- Chaplain Class – the Chaplain brings a host of abilities to increase the squad’s survivability and is more than capable of killing hordes of Xenos in melee combat.
- New Weapons – more melee and ranged weapons give players even more options to load out their squad in battle.
- New Enemy Types – new, unique Genestealer types offer a greater challenge to those who dare enter the depths of the Space Hulk.
- Special Missions – randomized objectives and enemy spawns bring a new level of replayability.
Furthermore, publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer Streumon Studio have released a trailer for Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition. Take a look:
Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition is set for release on May 22nd for PC and PlayStation 4. Everyone who owns the original edition of the game on PC will get the remaster for free.