Ranking the MCU Movies From Rotten Tomatoes (the Best and Worst)
The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has been dominating theaters worldwide in an elongated run that has spanned across ten whole years. Despite the sheer popularity, reception, and appreciation, the hefty adaptations of the comic books have resulted in a few sore spots — an unsurprising element.
There are two important facts that one should realize before delving any further. Firstly, reviews published by others should never be taken as the final judgement about the movie(s) in question because it all comes down to personal preferences in the end. Secondly, the percentage ratings showcased on Rotten Tomatoes are not the final scores but actually an aggregation of the number of critics that gave a positive review.
There have been eighteen releases in the MCU to date and they have all been ranked below from best to worst. The percentage rating is based off an average of 300 positive reviews in each case. In the case that two more more movies have the same percentage rating, the ranking has been done in accordance to the number of reviews garnered.
The MCU Rankings From Rotten Tomatoes
- 97 percent — Black Panther (2018)
- 94 percent — Iron Man (2008)
- 92 percent — The Avengers (2012)
- 92 percent — Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- 92 percent — Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- 91 percent — Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- 91 percent — Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- 90 percent — Doctor Strange (2016)
- 89 percent — Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- 83 percent — Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- 82 percent — Ant-Man (2015)
- 80 percent — Iron Man 3 (2013)
- 80 percent — Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- 77 percent — Thor (2011)
- 75 percent — Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- 73 percent — Iron Man 2 (2010)
- 67 percent — The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- 66 percent — Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Avengers: Infinity War will open in theaters worldwide on April 27, 2018, and culminate all eighteen installments that have been released in the MCU to date. The movie, directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, is the first of a two-part series. The untitled sequel, presently dubbed Avengers 4, is slated to premiere on May 3, 2019.
This is right time for you to take a refresher course by watching all of the past movies in the MCU in chronological order, building up to the very moment when Thanos invades our world with his Dark Order.