New Oculus Rift Patch Out Now To Resolve “Can’t Reach Oculus Runtime Service” Error
Recently, Oculus warned its virtual reality headset users to not download the Nvidia 388.59 driver as it is causing black screen of death issue with Oculus Rift and now Oculus has rolled out a new Oculus Rift patch to resolve the “Can’t Reach Oculus Runtime Service” error.
According to Oculus, if Rift users are having a problem with opening the Oculus app on their PC then they need to download the Oculus Rift patch to resolve the issue as this patch updates the application with proper files and certificates.
If you are having trouble opening the Oculus application on your PC, this Oculus Install Patch will update your Oculus system files with the proper certificate. For more information, please refer to the support article.
The company has also given some steps that Oculus Rift users need to follow so that they can use it without any problem.
- Download the patch.
- Open OculusPatchMarch2018.exe.
- If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
- If Windows Defender prompts “Windows protected your PC”, click More info and then click Run anyway.
- If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
- Select Repair and confirm you would like to repair the Oculus software.
- Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
- Launch the Oculus app.
- After the repair, you will be prompted for an update. Complete the update and you are good to go.
In related news, Oculus Rift is now the most used VR headset by Steam users. This is the first time the VR headset has taken a lead over HTC Vive.
According to Steam hardware survey, Oculus Rift surpassed HTC Vive in terms of Steam users. According to the survey, 47.31% of Steam users are using the Oculus Rift while 45.38% of Steam users prefer HTC Vive.