As many other multiplayer games out there, Fortnite Battle Royale is about to receive its own Valentine’s Day update, featuring new cosmetic items and a new themed weapon. If you are feeling lovey-dovey then go out there and spread you pink styled gear with the community.
In its next update, patch V.2.4.2, which is planned to release on February 8, Fortnite Battle Royale will receive a new weapon, the Crossbow to let you shoot some “love” arrows to your enemies.
According to the picture Epic Games shared in the update’s post there will also be two new Valentine’s Day themed skins, one making you look like Eros as a statue and one transforming you into a pink human-sized teddy bear. There will also be (as seen in the picture) a themed glider with a teddy bear on top of it. Won’t it be easier to be spotted by an enemy if you are wearing a neon pink suit? We’ll see about that one.
Apart from the aforementioned new items, there will also be some rebalances and bug fixes coming with patch V.2.4.2 in Fortnite Battle Royale. Let’s take a look:
- The Shooting Test #1 Limited-Time Mode has been switched to Solo only.
- Known Issue: The Shooting Test does not save progression for stats or challenges.
- Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%).
- Scoped Assault Rifle is now 100% accurate when zoomed in.
- Scoped Assault Rifle no longer has damage fall-off.
- Players will no longer slide off rooftops.
- Fix for Item Shop panels disappearing after completing a V-buck purchase through the Store Tab.
- Fix for collision inconsistencies in certain basement corners.
- Fixed a hole in the terrain south of Retail Row.
- Removed harsh high-frequency sound from the Chomp Jr pickaxe.
- This weapon fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type.
- Found from floor loot and treasure chests.
- This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants.
Don’t forget that Fortnite Battle Royale previous patch introduced the minigun, which is available via chests and supply drops in Fortnite. The fire rate is comparable to an SMG and it uses light ammo. Fortnite is now available on consoles and PC but a Nintendo Switch version could happen.
In related news, Epic Games has revealed the dates for the next two updates that the classic version of Fortnite will receive. Update 3.00 will become available on February 21st with the first week of the Spring it on Event, adding a new quest line, new store items, and a complete in-game music overhaul (Orchestra Edition).
The next one, 3.1.0 patch, will kick off the event’s second week on February 28th and bring event items and the Stamina Part 1 – Player Movement.