Nvidia works closely with the game developers to provide the best PC gaming experience for the game and now Nvidia has rolled out the GeForce 390.77 WHQL Driver which brings Game Ready optimizations for Metal Gear Survive and Kingdom Come deliverance.
Not only GeForce 390.77 WHQL Driver brings game ready optimizations but also SLI profiles for DIRT 4, Hot Lava, Ode, and Metal Gear Survive. Furthermore, this game ready driver also brings fixes for issue introduced by the previous drivers.
These fixes include the fix for corruption and flickering in Dirt 4 when SLI is enabled, fix for performance drop in 3DMark, fix for GeForce Experience launch with a black screen in Optimus Notebook and more.
GeForce 390.77 WHQL Game Ready Driver Fixes
- [SLI][Dirt 4]: There is corruption and flickering in the game with SLI enabled.
- [Neverwinter Nights]: Some graphics are missing.
- [Optimus Notebook]: GeForce Experience may launch with a black screen.
- [3DMark]: There is a drop in the benchmark performance.
- [GeForce GTX 1080][G-SYNC]: Performance issues occurred with G-SYNC windowed mode enabled.
- [GeForce GTX 1070 Ti][NVIDIA Control Panel]: The NVIDIA Control Panel->Output Dynamic Range setting does not persist but switches from Full to Limited after rebooting the system.
However, GeForce 390.77 WHQL Driver also introduces some issues of its own like G-Sync displays may go blank for NVIDIA TITAN V while “switching between different overclocked memory clocks multiple times” and more. You can check out the full changes for the driver here
Speaking of Nvidia, there is an ongoing shortage of GPUs in the market thanks to Cryptocurrency Miners, who are trying to get as many GPUs as they can to mine Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, which has resulted in GPU prices going sky-high.
However, Nvidia has taken note of the issue and has requested the retailers to prioritize gamers over miners.
The way things are going on it will be a hile before the GPU prices return to their MSRP prices and even if retailers start acting upon Nvidia’s request, it will be a while before we see any changes.