John Wick 3 Will See the Return of Cassian, Ares, and Bowery King – Report
It is being said that several cast members from the past two films may possibly return for John Wick 3, the last chapter in the mayhem-fueled franchise.
According to a report from That Hashtag Show earlier today, the third installment will be directed by Chad Stahelski. The stunt performer-turned-actor co-directed the first movie with David Leitch before taking the reins for the sequel. Fans will be glad to know that the trilogy will be concluded under his direction.
In addition, there are at least three returning cast members. Common’s Cassian, the former bodyguard of Gianna D’Antonio, Laurence Fishburne’s Bowery King, the head of the underground assassin faction, and Ruby Rose’s Ares, the mute assassin and right-hand of Santino D’Antonio, will all be reprising their respective roles.
John Wick 3 is also expected to introduce new characters as well. The main antagonist this time around is said to be the head of a Japanese crime syndicate, filled by Hiroyuki Sanada.
There is still time before John Wick 3 hits theaters worldwide. The movie is reportedly all set to begin principal photography on March 1 in New York City. Other filming locations are listed to be Russia and Spain. Provided that there are no delays, John Wick 3 is slated to be released on May 17, 2019.
The first movie was released back in November 2014 and earned $88.8 million in the box office. The second chapter arrived last year and soared past $171 million. Those are exceptional figures considering that the budget was around $30 million and $40 million for both movies respectively.