PayDay 2 Nintendo Switch Edition Will Include CRIME.NET Local Play And Exclusive character
Nintendo has just announced some rather interesting details for their upcoming games on Nintendo Switch in today’s Nintendo Direct. One of these games is the PayDay 2 Nintendo Switch Edition which apparently will include a new exclusive character and CRIME.NET local play for up to 4 players.
As PayDay 2 Nintendo Switch edition comes closer to its release, we get more information about what we should expect. Apart from the original characters Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf, and Chains there will be a new Nintendo Switch exclusive character called Joy. Joy seems to be a hacker of sorts and owns an LED mask unlike other characters, just like the ones we see in indie game Ruiner and Watch Dogs 2. You can take a look at Joy in Nintendo’s latest trailer for PayDay 2 Nintendo Switch edition:
Furthermore, PayDay 2 on Nintendo Switch will include a 4 man co-op mode in the form of CRIME.NET Local Play. This will help players have a taste of multiplayer in the coziness of their own house with friends, just like Nintendo wants their games to be played. If you want to try this you’ll simply have to set up a local game and invite up to three players on the same network.
Nintendo has also offered a full list of the game’s features, including dynamic scenarios, a new mask system, and the all-new CRIME.NET. Take a look:
- Rob Banks, Get Paid – Players must choose their crew carefully because when the job goes down they will need the right mix of skills on their side.
- CRIME.NET – The dynamic contract database CRIME.NET lets players pick and choose from available jobs by connecting with local Contractors – all with their own agenda and best interests in mind.
- Dynamic Scenarios – No heist ever plays out the same way twice, as heists come with random geometry and events.
- Choose Your Skills – As players progress they can invest in any of five special Skill Trees: Mastermind, Enforcer, Ghost, Technician, and Fugitive. Each features a deep customization tree of associated skills and equipment to master.
- More Masks than Ever – PAYDAY 2 features a completely new mask system, giving players the ability to craft their own unique mask together with a pattern and a color.
- Weapons and Modifications – A huge arsenal for the serious heister, covering everything from sniper to assault rifles. You can modify your weapon with optics, suppressors, fore grips, reticles, barrels, frames, stocks and lots more.
- Play It Your Way – Each job allows for multiple approaches, such as slow and stealthy ambushes, to running in guns blazing.
PayDay 2 Nintendo Switch Edition will become available on February 27 with both physical and digital versions. As reported, its price will be lower than it was originally intended due to its late release. Are you excited about its release?