2017 May have been an anniversary year for the Final Fantasy franchise, yet 2018 comes with bigger news than last year. After the rumors about the release date of Final Fantasy 7, Square Enix is announcing that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is heading to PC through Steam on February 1.
Last year Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age released on PlayStation 4 along with some enhancements, getting all the support a Final Fantasy title should have. On Steam, the game will release with all of the modern advancements and features available in the PlayStation 4 version, such as latest-generation visuals, a remastered soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, fast forward function, and many other enhanced features which include:
- 60fps – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60fps
- Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.
Along with the announcement of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is heading to PC, Square Enix has also announced a Collector’s Edition which will be priced at $149.99. It will include an official Collector’s Edition Steelbook with the original soundtrack, a five-piece Judge Masters Bust Set, six-card art set and a digital download code for the game.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be available on Steam for $49.99 on February 1 and will have a 20% discount its first week. One day after its launch, on February 2nd at 12:00 a.m. Pacific, Producer Hiroaki Kato, and Director Takashi Katano will answer questions presented by Final Fantasy fans on Twitter, so make sure to check that out.