Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.45 Now Live, Brings Massive Balancing Tweaks, Fixes And More
Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the biggest games of this year and following the launch of Frozen Wilds expansion Guerrilla Games has rolled out Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.45 which brings massives bug fixes, general fixes, and quests fixes for the newly released expansion.
According to Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.45 patch notes, the update brings performance improvements, crash fixes, fixes for the A.I buddies, tweaks for the outfits, fixes for the New Game+ mode, and a slew of fixes dedicated to the Frozen Wilds expansion.
Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.45 also brings fixes and changes specific to quests in the Frozen Wilds expansion. You can check out the full patch notes here.
- Fixed an issue where players could not create a New Game+ loadout from the pause menu.
- Fixed an issue where Bluegleam resources would carry over to New Game+.
- Fixed an issue where the Insulated Outfit Weave could not be obtained.
- Fixed an issue where the campfires in The Frozen Wilds would not stay lit after reloading.
- Added a ‘Dismount Strike’ counter to the progression page and fixed an issue where it would not allow the user to get 100% completion.
- Fixed an issue where The Frozen Wilds hints would appear to users that did not own the DLC.
- Fixed an issue where two datapoints from The Frozen Wilds could become unobtainable.
- Fixed several issues with icons not showing up for collectables, and icons displaying the wrong locations for enemies or quest points of interests for “The Frozen Wilds”.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘First Bluegleam Trade’ trophy would not unlock when buying certain items.
- Fixed several geometry issues in the world where Aloy could get stuck in The Frozen Wilds.
- Fixed several issues where the user could skip areas of the world and cause progression issues.
- Fixed an issue where the Icerail tutorial would not progress when using the Adept version of the weapon.
- Fixed several graphics issues in The Frozen Wilds.
- Fixed several dialog and subtitle issues in The Frozen Wilds. • Several animations and cutscenes improvements in The Frozen Wilds.
- Several balancing tweaks to outfits and weapons.
- Several balancing tweaks to encounters in The Frozen Wilds.
- Several fixes to the buddies and enemy A.I. in The Frozen Wilds.
- Several progression and crash fixes.
- Performance improvements.
- General improvements.
While the game is a PS4 exclusive but, Xbox founder is very impressed by the game. According to Seamus Blackley, it is a spectacular game and it takes balls to make a game like Horizon Zero Dawn.
I want big release. 100 million Dollar bet” that requires a lot of courage. Blackley said Guerrilla is a great developer but that it takes “balls” to bring such projects to the market and that Yoshida “is the man” for sticking by it even if it wasn’t looking too good at times during the development.
The developers are also considering a sequel to the critically acclaimed game. Aside from the consideration that the sequel might introduce a new protagonist, the studio aims to deliver a story that resonates deeply as the first one and more machines.
Horizon Zero Dawn is a third-person action adventure game developed by Guerrilla Games exclusively for PlayStation 4.