New WWE 2K18 Patch Rolls Out, Bringing Balance Changes And Fixes
WWE2K18 has just passed its first month after release and even though it doesn’t suffer any major issues, it could really use a patch. 2K announced it just in time, so the next WWE 2K18 patch is going live today on consoles. Even though most of us have been longing for some cool new tracks to be added in the game, it seems that the patch will mostly bring some balance changes to AI of WWE 2K18 as well as fixes to known issues in the game and many more.
The community of WWE 2K18 has been constantly complaining about bugs in MyCareer mode as well as glitches and general bugs throughout the game, so this patch was more than needed to assure the player’s smooth experience.
The WWE 2K18 Patch includes:
- General MyCareer fixes
- Balanced the AI’s pin escape probabilities
- Balanced the frequency in which AI Superstars utilize the Drag mechanic
- Adjusted the Damage display for Submission moves. Submissions now correctly reference the correct limb
- Fixed an issue where AI incorrectly referenced “Grapple” reversal rates for Finishers if the Finisher was preceded by an automated reposition
- Fixed Pin Combo for World’ Strongest Splash
- Fixed Superstar names being replaced with the names of alternate attires during an entrance run-in.
- Fixed Squash Matches not occurring in player-edited matches.
- Various adjustments to in-game animations to prevent warping
2K also informed that there are more bugs getting fixed but not mentioned in the patch notes.
In other news, WWE 2K18 “NXT Generation Pack” is now available as downloadable content for PS4, Xbox One, and Windows PC, enabling access to playable NXT Superstars Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Elias, Lars Sullivan and Ruby Riot. The DLC is available for $9.99 and it raises the game roster to 176 wrestlers for now.
This marks the 5th minor DLC coming into the game along with the Kurt Angle Pack, Cena (Nuff) Pack, Accelerator and MyPlayer Kick Start DLC. There will be more coming in the future for WWE 2K18 bringing more wrestlers as well as new cool content, so stay tuned.