Square Enix is Grateful for Nintendo Switch’s Success, Big Plans Ahead
Square Enix is one of the major developers supporting Nintendo Switch. The company is pretty happy about Switch’s success and plans to release its games on the platform. There are no official announcements at the time but they are preparing something special for E3 2018 for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch.
There are so many games in development for Switch courtesy of third-party developers including titles from Ubisoft, Square Enix, EA, and more. Square Enix isn’t the only one excited for the success of Nintendo Switch. Ubisoft recently stated that they are “very happy” about Switch’s success.
Recently, games have developed two extremes at the high- and low-ends, but with the switch there is a chance for middle-range software to come back into the scene
Speaking at Ubisoft’s quarterly financial call, CEORecently, games have developed two extremes at the high- and low-ends, but with the switch there is a chance for middle-range software to come back into the scene Yves Guillemot revealed that the company is “Very Happy” with the software sales on Nintendo Switch. To put things into perspective, Xbox accounted for a total of 20% of revenue for the company latest quarter
Meanwhile, Namco President Mitsuaki Taguchi confirmed that 3 new Nintendo Switch games will be announced between Summer and Spring 2018.
Here are some of the soon to be released games of Switch.
- L.A. Noire (Rockstar Games, November 14th)
- Pinball FX3 (Zen Studios, November 14th)
- Rocket League (Psyonix, November 14th)
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda, November 17th)
- Rime (Tequila Works, November 17th in Europe, 14th in North America)
- VVVVVV (Terry Cavanagh, November 17th)
- MXGP 3 (Milestone, November 21st)
- Resident Evil Revelations 1 + 2 (Capcom, November 28th)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo, December 1st)
- Lost Sphear (Square Enix, January 23rd 2018)
- Owlboy (D-Pad, February 13th 2018)
What other Nintendo Switch games would you like to see next year at E3? Let us know what you think in the comments below.